Voluntary Prekindergarten Lottery Application Process 2023-2024
IMPORTANT REMINDER: To be eligible for VPK in the Fall of 2023, children must be 4-years-old on or before September 1, 2023. The 2023-2024 VPK Lottery window will be open for applications from February 27, 2023- March 31, 2023, with placement opportunity notifications being sent by April 14, 2023.
In order to be considered for a seat in the VPK Lottery, the following steps must be completed:
- Step #1: Obtain your child’s Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the online ParentPortal located on the Early Learning Coalition website: https://familyservices.floridaearlylearning.com/Account/Login Please allow 12-14 business days for the Certificate of Eligibility to be processed.
- Step #2: Complete the New Student Online Enrollment (NSOE) process for Marion County Public Schools. https://www.marionschools.net/Page/90823 After completing the NSOE application, contact your base school’s guidance department. You will be provided with a student ID #.
- Step #3: Use your child’s Student ID # to complete the School Choice Application/VPK Lottery: https://applytomarionschools.com/login First time users: create an account on the right side of the page. This is different than your NSOE account from Step #2.
- Select one, two, or three school choices. NOTE: All three choices are not required.
- Upload your signed and dated Certificate of Eligibility (DIGITAL SIGNATURES ARE NOT ACCEPTED). All other information on the certificate will be completed by the school district.
- Step #4: Offered seats must be accepted within ten days. Available seats after this pointwill be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.