Volunteers change our world... and are changing our schools
Be a School Volunteer!
- Marion County Schools’ Volunteer Program is a district-wide effort encouraging and promoting community involvement.
- As partners in helping children learn and encouraging the district’s vision in “Leading the State in Raising Student Performance,” your sacrifice in our classrooms is invaluable and highly beneficial.
- By sharing your time and talent, you help enrich the learning experience for students and provide much needed support for our school system.
- Everyone who comes into Marion County Public Schools has a valuable part to play in making this the best place it can be for learning.
- Every school in the country needs volunteers. School volunteers come from every walk of life and work with students of all ages. As a volunteer you provide what schools needs most:
- Talents and skills to share with students and teachers.
- Positive values that children can learn to help them success in school.
- Each school in the county has different needs, but the need that exists across the county is community involvement and support.
- School volunteers and business partners enhance student learning, enriching the educational opportunities available to students. School volunteers assist in:
- Career Awareness
- Fine Arts
- Junior Achievement
- Field Trips
- School Advisory Council
- Media Centers