What to Expect
Posted by Heather Ramirez on 3/24/2020
Welcome back to 7th Advanced ELA with Mrs. Ramirez.
Please use my teacher website as the hub for all expectations for this class for the remainder of the year. Due dates, activities, documents, links, etc., will all be posted under the Current and Past Assignments tab.
The curricular plan for this class is:
1. Finish the Poetry Unit as planned.
2. Move into Origin Myths (following the curriculum and standards according to Marion County's curriculum map). Students will study several origin myths, elements of an origin (or creation) myth, characterization types, vocabulary, root words, and more. The culminating project will be to write an authentic origin myth along with an analysis of that story, following a detailed set of requirements. Step by step guidance, practice, and review will be provided and encouraged online.
3. Continue with OGGS. Do not come to the school to pick up folders. We will continue online only, and detailed instruction/explanation will be provided. To be announced.
4. The last unit will focus on RSPs: roots, suffixes, and prefixes, the backbone of the English language. In years' past, I ended the year by having students plan and construct their own board games. Time will tell if we can continue this standards-teaching board game or if we will have to pursue a different route.
5. Continue reading to meet the word count. Choose a CLASSIC book. Use this link Classic Books FREE to choose your classic and/or read it online. Please begin reading as soon as you can. Please choose a book that interests you that seems within your reading levels (do not go too hard or too easy on yourself).
Please anticipate a continued, rigorous academic path in 7th Advanced Language Arts as we complete the year.
I can be reached by email from 9:00-3:55, and my response time is usually within minutes. If you would like to arrange a zoom meeting, we can do that, too.
I pray that all of you are safe and remain safe. Social distancing is a good thing.
As of 3/27/20: Please do NOT complete the county's supplemental work; I have been directed to no longer accept it as bonus work. If I already accepted yours, then nothing changes. No NEW submissions will be accepted.
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third party platforms. These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child's image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed in your device.