ONLINE LEARNING BEGINS WEDNESDAY 4/1!
Hello, Students and Families!
First and foremost, I hope you are well during this time. I miss you all, and I know it's hard to be at home all day, every day, away from your friends. I know it will be hard to stay motivated to learn when it will be so tempting to sleep all day! But this doesn't have to be all bad. I promise to keep things as simple as possible, and that's why I'm choosing to use our Google Classroom instead of this site. I know this site is often not very user friendly, so I thought it would be best to use something we are all very familiar with.
With that being said, EVERYONE should already be in the Google Classroom. If for some reason you are not, please send me a message and I will get you the code. I think you all know how to access it, but just in case you need a refresher:
- You will need to log in to your student portal.
- Because of how often we have used this is class, the Google Classroom icon will probably already be on your home screen. If it is NOT, you will need to go to the bottom of the screen, click "Google Apps," and then select Google Classroom.
- IF you are already in the class (which all of you should be), you just need to click on the classroom as usual to open it. If you are not, message me for the code, then click the "+" button to enter it. You will be added automatically.
LINKS TO CLASSROOMS: if you have not yet joined the classroom (should not be an issue), these links will prompt you to join. I will NOT post join codes on this public site. Please reach out if you need them, as I do not want anyone outside of our classes to have access to these pages. This is for your safety.
- 1st Period:https://classroom.google.com/c/MzcxMzI0OTczNDZa
- 2nd Period:https://classroom.google.com/c/MzcxMzQ0MDkwMjVa
- 4th Period:https://classroom.google.com/c/MzcxMzQ0MDkwNTFa
- 5th Period:https://classroom.google.com/c/MzcxMzQ0MDkwNjNa
- 6th Period:https://classroom.google.com/c/MzcxMzQ0MDkwNzRa
- 7th Period:https://classroom.google.com/c/MzcxMzQ0MDkxMDNa
How I will post:
- Each day, I will post a daily summary of what needs to be completed and due dates on the stream section of the classroom (this should be the first thing you see when you open the classroom). Each daily post will also include directions for how you should "check in" each day. In addition to the daily summary, if there are any resources you will need to complete the work, or instructions for accessing those resources - like your textbook, for example - I will attach them to these daily posts.
- I will post assignments you can create and/or upload under the classwork tab (top center). If there's a writing assignment, or some other thing you actually need to turn in, you will find it here.
- Sometimes, I may post about a Zoom meeting or other ways that we will meet corporately. I will do my best to be sure everyone is able to participate. I will always make these announcements well in advance of the meeting so that you can be prepared!
Ocassionally, we will utilize Zoom for video conferencing. These meetings will probably occur about once a week and students will receive invitations via email days prior. On the morning of the meeting, I will also post the links to join on our Google Classroom. I will not post those links on the classroom well ahead of time to do our best to prevent any privacy issues. I do not believe this should be a problem, but it is just en extra measure to be safe just in case.
Participating in Zoom meetings IS NOT MANDATORY! I will record all whole-group meetings and post them in the Google Classroom after. Any student who is not able to attend the meeting at the specified time should be able to review them when it is convenient for them.
If you have concerns about recording and privacy, please see the district's disclaimer below:
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
Other Ways to Stay in the Loop: I will be available for contact, especially from about 9:00 am-3:00 pm. I will take a break for lunch, but will also do my best to answer questions throughout the evening. I ask your patience with me as I am also at home with my child, who will need me from time to time. I promise to do my best to stay on top of communication.
- Send an email anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will answer them in as timely a manner as possible. This is the prefered method of contact.
- Call (352) 405-1804 anytime from 9:00 AM-11:30 AM or 1:00 PM-3:00 PM. If you must make contact in the evening, please use email or text.
- Keep watching our class Instagram if you need another way to receive alerts. If you're not already following and would like to, search for @mrs._noell_ela8. You can also DM me at this account. If I receive a DM, I will most likely reach out via another medium as the district has asked us not to use social media for contact. But it would be a great way to let me know you'd like to chat.
- Watch for messages from the ClassTag app. Anyone I received contact info for at orientation was automatically added to the message list. Parents can also send texts directly to me from this service. You can just see and reply to the messages the app sends, or you can download the app for yourself. If you are not already receiving these messages, please feel free to email me with your contact info and I will add you to the list!