District Seeks Parent Feedback
DECEMBER 3, 2019 – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
352.671.7555 ◊ FAX: 352.671.7735 ◊ CELL: 352.840.3265
DISTRICT SEEKS PARENT FEEDBACK
MARION COUNTY – Parent and family engagement in the world of public education means their participation is on-going, two-way, and provides meaningful consultation with parents of participating students regarding academic learning and other school activities.
Successful engagement ensures:
- Parents play an integral role in their child’s learning at school and at home;
- Parents are encouraged to be actively engaged in their child’s school education;
- Parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and advisory committees to assist in educating their child;
- The carrying out of other activities, such as those described in section 1116 of the Every Student Succeeds Act;
- Parents have the district’s Parent and Family Engagement Plan (PFEP);
- School Improvement Plans, district and school/parent engagement strategies are based on findings from parent survey results;
- School personnel meet the requirement to communicate the results of this survey to parents (e.g., discuss in School Advisory Committee meetings) and how to implement new strategies in the parent engagement policy’s revision; and
- Sharing district and individual school evaluation results with every school assists in building district-wide capacity.
Users can visit www.marionschools.net to review the District Title One Parent and Family Engagement Plan and provide feedback (available in eight languages).
Parents without computer access may visit the Title One Office located at 306 NW 7 Ave., Ocala, to request a paper copy and provide feedback.
# # #