School District Honored with State, National Public Relations Awards
SEPTEMBER 10, 2019 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
352.671.7555 ◊ FAX: 352.671.7735 ◊ CELL: 352.840.3265
SCHOOL DISTRICT HONORED WITH
STATE, NATIONAL PUBLIC RELATIONS AWARDS
MARION COUNTY – Marion County Public Schools is once again in the awards spotlight bestowed by state and national Public Relations organizations.
The Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) and the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA) handed out awards over the last two months, and Marion County Public Schools captured an array of awards for various projects.
NSPRA honored the district with:
- Golden Achievement Award for Exemplary Public Relations for “Community Reads!” website initiative (the second-highest award given)
- Award of Merit - Excellence in Writing for “Superintendent’s Graduation Speech”
- Award of Merit – Excellence in Writing for “Golden Apple Teacher of the Year Speech”
- Honorable Mention for “Class Acts” in Ocala Style magazine
- Honorable Mention for “School District Calendar”
FPRA also presented the district with an Award of Distinction for its “Community Reads!” website initiative. This award means the entry met the standards of excellence developed by a panel of judges accredited in Public Relations or past Golden Image Award winners.
Superintendent Dr. Heidi Maier and her team of elementary curriculum leaders, along with Public Relations Director Kevin Christian, APR, CPRC, accepted the FPRA award in person at the organization’s annual conference in Tampa Bay. NSPRA awards were mailed.
Christian joined the district in 2001. Since then, Marion County Public Schools has been honored more than 95 times for its public relations and communication efforts by local, state, and national organizations.
# # #