“Mission: Bus Brigade" School Supply Drive Kicks Off July 6
JUNE 27, 2019 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
352.671.7555 ◊ FAX: 352.671.7735 ◊ CELL: 352.840.3265
“MISSION: BUS BRIGADE”
SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE KICKS OFF JULY 6
MARION COUNTY – The largest school supply drive in Marion County celebrates another year of giving to homeless and needy students this summer.
“Mission: Bus Brigade – Supply Their Success” is a summer drive to gather school supplies for Marion County’s homeless and needy students. Today, the program helps approximately 2,600 such students throughout Marion County Public Schools.
This mission offers local residents the opportunity to make a real difference in a homeless or needy child’s life by donating new school supplies, children’s clothing, shoes, personal hygiene items and financial contributions.
A decorated school bus with ample room to store donations inside appears at local Walmart stores based on the following schedule:
- July 6, Saturday – 8AM-4PM, Walmart Silver Springs, 4980 E. Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala
- July 13, Saturday – 8AM-4PM, Walmart SR200, 9570 SW Hwy 200, Ocala
- July 20, Saturday – 8AM-4PM, Walmart Silver Springs Shores, 34 Bahia Ave., Silver Springs Shores
- July 27, Saturday – 8AM-4PM, Walmart Easy Street, 2600 SW 19 Ave. Rd., Ocala
- August 3, Saturday – 12PM-3PM, Paddock Mall, 3100 SW College Rd., Ocala
Community donations can be made by check payable to “Mission: Bus Brigade” and sent to Mission: Bus Brigade, c/o Homeless and Needy Student Program, Marion County Public Schools, 1614 E. Fort King St., Ocala, FL, 34471.
For more information, contact Campaign Coordinator Thomas Butler at 352.671.6847 or Thomas.Butler@marion.k12.fl.us.
# # #