Parents: Voice Your Opinions Via School Surveys
FEBRUARY 28, 2019 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
352.671.7555 ◊ FAX: 352.671.7735 ◊ CELL: 352.840.3265
PARENTS: VOICE YOUR OPINIONS VIA
MARION COUNTY – Feedback helps public schools increase parent engagement to better serve students, parents, and communities.
With parents taking more interest in their children’s education, Marion County Public Schools makes its latest Parent Survey available on the district website and at each school. Parents can also complete the ten-question survey on any mobile device.
Parent engagement means the participation of parents is on-going, two-way, and provides meaningful consultation involving student academic learning and other school activities. This engagement ensures:
- Parents play an integral role in their child’s learning at school and at home;
- Parents are encouraged to be actively engaged in their child’s school education;
- Parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and advisory committees to assist in the education of their child;
- The carrying out of other activities, such as those described in section 1116 of the Every Student Succeeds Act (2015);
- Parents have the district’s Parent and Family Engagement Plan;
- School Improvement Plans, district and school/parent engagement strategies are based on findings from parent survey results;
- School personnel meet the requirement to communicate the results of the survey to parents (e.g., discuss in School Advisory Committee meetings) and decide how to implement new strategies in the parent engagement policy’s revision; and
- Sharing district and individual school evaluation results with every school assists in building district-wide capacity.
Users can visit www.marionschools.net and click the “Parent Survey” option under the “Important Messages” section. Users can then take the entire survey in English or Spanish. Surveys may also be completed on any mobile device.
Parents without mobile devices or computer access may complete a survey at their child’s school or at the Title One Office located at 306 NW 7th Avenue in Ocala.
The survey will be active March 1-29, 2019. For more information, contact the Title One Office of Marion County Public Schools at 352.671.4171.
# # #