LIBRARY MEDIA SERVICES HOME
Welcome to Library Media Services
Our MISSION is to provide quality resources and support to all Marion County Public Schools. Library Media Services collaborates with school library media specialists in developing and delivering library media programs to all students and teachers. This collaboration enables students to meet achievement goals established by the state, county, and school guidelines.
Professional Library Hours for Teachers:
The Professional Library located at 392 SE 19th Ave., Ocala, FL 34471, is open for teachers to utilize resources and services on Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
For more information please call:
Aaron Martin, Program Specialist
Hilary Dunston, Clerk Specialist, ext. 50183
Mary Davis Account Clerk, ext. 50182
≈ Our Primary Goal ≈
Library Media Services' primary goal is to provide services and materials to students and teachers throughout school library media programs.
Library Media Services staff communicates with Library Media Center staff by visiting schools, sending e-mails, and/or sending memos through courier. There is also an annual meeting during pre-planning week and monthly meetings during the year. The Department of Library Media Services offers school Library Media Center staff with the following:
- Advice on current trends in their profession
- Information regarding improvements from the school system and from the Florida Department of Education
- Acquisition services and fund accounting for purchases of library books, other print materials, and non-print materials
- Cataloging and processing materials for school libraries
- Training and troubleshooting library automation in schools
- Consultation regarding copyright and software licensing
- Consultation regarding appropriate use of online support of media instructional programs
- Previews of Vendors' new materials