Lake Weir High School Media Center
The Media Center at Lake Weir High School is designed to meet the needs of both students and faculty by providing a wide variety of materials to supplement the curriculum. These materials are available for students, faculty, staff, and parents to use.
The Media Center is designed to provide a relaxing, friendly atmosphere in which patrons can access materials in a variety of formats appropriate to all interests and viewpoints. Our goal is to promote reading and provide access to information.
We're here to help!
Monday - Friday
Open Both Lunches Unless Otherwise Posted
- Each student may check out up to five (5) items at a time for two weeks. If a student owes material or a fine, they are limited to one (1) book.
- Parents are welcome and may check out three items at a time.
- Library materials are checked out to parents and students for three (3) weeks and may be renewed one time, as long as there is not a waiting list for the book.
- Reference books and magazines may not be checked out and are for use in the media center only.
- Overdue fines will be assessed at five cents per day. Overdue fines will not exceed $3.00 per item.
- Students may make small payments on their overdue materials until the debt is cleared.
- All library materials must be returned to the media center at the end of every school year.
- All materials checked out of the media center are the responsibility of the patron. Lost or damaged materials must be paid for in full before additional materials may be borrowed. A book is considered lost only if it is overdue for a minimum of two weeks. Refunds will be given only if a lost book is found and returned to the media center within two weeks of payment.
Gifts are always appreciated. All gifts will be evaluated by the media specialist and placed in the appropriate collection. Gifts may be added to the Media Center collection, given to teachers for classroom libraries, or donated to the public library.