School Counseling and Assessment
Welcome to the Guidance Office! Our mission as your counselors is to assist you and your teachers in facilitating Vanguard's mission statement and goals for each and every student.
We would like to invite you to come in and get to know us and the services we offer and those offered from this office. You may come in or call to make an appointment with us. We hope that, together, we can lay a good foundation for future success and achievement by making your years at Vanguard a happy and rewarding learning experience.
OUR GUIDANCE COUNSELORS
Mrs. Jan Raym IB Students (ALL) and 9th Grade A-D
Mrs. Kelley Harriss 12th grade & 9th Grade E-K (Class of 2021) / Counselor Website
Mrs. Coletta Donovan 10th grade and 9th Grade L-R (Class of 2023)
Mrs. Abby Harris 11th grade and 9th Grade S-Z (Class of 2022) / Counselor Website
- Help students understand themselves and others
- Help to identify students with special needs
- Provide crisis intervention
- Develop plans to prevent academic/behavioral issues from developing
- Provide Career Awareness programs
- Coordinate the efforts of other professionals working for students
- Provide orientation for students coming to Vanguard for the first time
- Promote positive attitudes toward persons of diverse cultural, racial, ability, and socioeconomic backgrounds
The following information should provide you with a better understanding of the role of our guidance personnel. The information will also help you support the work done with your advisor.
- ACT Sign Up & More
- SAT Sign Up & More
- Common College Application
- Personal Academic, Counseling & Tracking Website
- Application for Federal Financial Aid
- National Scholarship Listing
- Florida Department of Education
- Florida's Next Magazine
- Florida Financial Aid Bright Futures
- PERT Preparation Material Website
- Make Up or Get Ahead on Credits Online
- National NEXT Magazine
- Scholarship Assistance...Also see Mrs. Lipphardt
- Financial Aid Overview
- Transcript Request
Your child's cumulative records are housed in the Guidance Office. If you need to review anything in your child's folder, please call for an appointment to have someone review the contents with you. If you need copies of documents in your child's folder, please call ahead and we will try and have it ready for you to pick up or send it home with your child. If you request more than two copies, a charge will be assessed at five cents per copy. If you are transferring out of Vanguard to another school, we will forward all documents to your child's new school. Once you register at the new school, they will request the records.
*If you are a non-custodial parent who wishes to have copies of report cards or interim reports please send a self-addressed stamped business envelope to the Guidance Office and we will mail them home to you.
Registration for Marion County Schools is now completed online. Please visit the New Student Enrollment page to register a new student at Vanguard High School.