School Advisory Council
The School Advisory Council (SAC) is a committee of parents, staff, administrators, businesses, and community members who work together to help our school improve. Each school in the State of Florida must have a SAC.
The role of the SAC is to assist in the preparation of the annual budget, and in the development and evaluation of the School Improvement Plan. The SAC is the school committee that deals with issues relating to school improvement. The General Appropriations Act provides a portion of funds for use by the SAC that is to be used for implementing the School Improvement Plan.
We invite every parent to get involved and become a SAC member! Being a SAC member is a good way to be an important part of your child's education. SAC operates under a committee structure. Most of the work of the SAC is handled by individual committees and committee reports are presented for information and the approval of the SAC. Committees will be established by the SAC Chair and principal as needed.
Oakcrest SAC meetings are held in the Media Center and are the 2nd Thursday of the month at 5:30 PM.
For more information, you may also contact the School Improvement Office at 671-7146 or access the following website -- www.florida-family.net/SAC.
- Debra Lewter (Chairperson, Parent)
- La’Shondra Lightsey (Co-Chairperson, Parent)
- Michelle Meuller (Parent)
- Misty Guinn (Parent)
- Charleen Hunt (Parent)
- Diane Leinenbach (Principal)
- Karen Howell (Assistant Principal)
- Angel Haworth (Assistant Principal)
- Dr. Kim Nisbett (Guidance Counselor)
- David Steffey (Peer Counselor)
- Trudy Robinson (Curriculum Coach)
- Jill Atchley (Magnet Coordinator)