Media Center Library
Media Center Hours | Circulation Policy | Activities
Accelerated Reader Program | Quick Links | MCPS Destiny
SSYRA Jr 2020-2021
Click here for AR How to PowerPoint
Click on the following link to access Accelerated Reader from home: AR @ Home
or log in to your school portal and under the Programs tab you will find the AR tile for access into the program.
Accelerated Reader Resources/ Renaissance Home Connect improves the school-to-home connection by allowing parents and students to log on to the website and view the student’s reading progress toward their goal.
User Name: student number
Password: 2-digit month and 4 digit year
To log in to Renaissance Home Connect
CLICK HERE:AR Home Connect
If you'd like to receive emails showing your student's quiz or test results, click the Email Setup link in Renaissance Home Connect and follow the directions. To be sure these emails reach your inbox, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Media Center Hours
The Media Center is open for students to check out library books. Classes will be scheduled to allow for one class at a time to come checkout library books while maintaining safe capacity limits in the Media Center. Face masks will be worn at all times and hands will be sanitized upon entry to the Media Center providing the safest method for students perusing the collection.
= top =
All students in grades K -5 may check out two books.
The Sunshine State Young Readers' Award program presents a collection of fifteen books. They are chosen for their quality and appeal, and represent some of the best in children's literature today. Students in grades 3 through 5 are encouraged to read at least three of the books, so they can vote for their favorite. Every year, the author of the book with the most statewide votes is presented with the Sunshine State Young Readers' Award. See this year's SSYRA Book Titles here! SSYRA 2020 Titles
The Sunshine State Young Readers' Award Junior is a program that presents a collection of fifteen books. They are chosen for their quality and appeal, and represent some of the best in children's literature today. Students in grades K through 2 are encouraged to read at least three of the books, so they can vote for their favorite. Every year, the author of the book with the most statewide votes is presented with the Sunshine State Young Readers' Award. SSYRA Jr 2020 Titles
= top =
- Accelerated Reader- Accelerated Reader is a researched based program used to monitor and enhance students’ independent reading. Students are recognized each nine weeks for their successes. The goal for this program is to help students acquire a lifelong love of reading.
- Sunshine State Young Readers' Award- Each year Florida librarians choose 15 books to be on the Sunshine State list. This program is open to all third, fourth, and fifth grade students. Students must read at least three books to qualify to vote in the spring for their favorite book using the county voting machines. Statewide votes are tallied and the winner is chosen. See this year's SSYRA Book Titles here! SSYRA 2020 Titles
- Sunshine State Young Readers' Jr Award is a reading lists of eight books for grades K-2 selected by the Florida Reading Association that encourage students to become enthusiastic readers. This collection of literature are some of the many books that we recommend frequently. SSYRA Jr 2020 Titles
- Magazine Fundraiser- funds new books and materials for the library. This is held in January of each school year.
- Ocala Civic Theatre- author study for kindergarten and first grades.
- Library – Staff sponsors the Madison Street Yearbook.
- Book Fairs - MSA hosts two book fairs a year. One held in October to coincide with our Fall Festival and the other in May to encourage summer reading. These Book Fairs may be altered this year to online due to current health safety restrictions.
= top =
= top =
- Gale Databases
- Florida Electronic Library - portal for students to digital collections about Florida, Gale databases, and live chat with a librarian.
- Ocala Public Library
- Sunshine State Young Readers Program
- Madison Street Library Destiny Catalog
= top =