Media Center Library
Media Center Hours | Circulation Policy | Activities
Accelerated Reader Program | Quick Links | MCPS Destiny
Click here for AR How to PowerPoint
Click on the following link to access Accelerated Reader from home: AR @ Home
or log in to your school portal and under the Programs tab you will find the AR tile for access into the program.
Accelerated Reader Resources/ Renaissance Home Connect improves the school-to-home connection by allowing parents and students to log on to the website and view the student’s reading progress toward their goal.
User Name: student number
Password: 2-digit month and 4 digit year
To log in to Renaissance Home Connect
CLICK HERE:AR Home Connect
If you'd like to receive emails showing your student's quiz or test results, click the Email Setup link in Renaissance Home Connect and follow the directions. To be sure these emails reach your inbox, add email@example.com to your address book._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Media Center Hours
The Media Center is open for students to check out library books. Classes will be scheduled to allow for one class at a time to come checkout library books while maintaining safe capacity limits in the Media Center. Face masks will be worn at all times and hands will be sanitized upon entry to the Media Center providing the safest method for students perusing the collection.
= top =
The Sunshine State Young Readers' Award program presents a collection of fifteen books. They are chosen for their quality and appeal, and represent some of the best in children's literature today. Students in grades 3 through 5 are encouraged to read at least three of the books, so they can vote for their favorite. Every year, the author of the book with the most statewide votes is presented with the Sunshine State Young Readers' Award. See this year's SSYRA Book Titles here! SSYRA 2021-2022
The Sunshine State Young Readers' Award Junior is a reading lists of eight books for grades K-2 selected by the Florida Reading Association that encourage students to become enthusiastic readers. This collection of literature are some of the many books that we recommend frequently SSYRA Jr 2021-2022
= top =
MSA Media Center Activities
- Accelerated Reader Program - Motivates and encourages students to read and reach established reading goals.
- SSYRA and SSYRA Jr Reading Programs - Provides quality literature for students to read and earn charms for.
- Ocala Civic Theatre- author study for kindergarten and first grades.
- Library – Staff sponsors the Madison Street Yearbook.
- Book Fairs - MSA hosts two book fairs a year. One held in October to coincide with our Fall Festival and the other in May to encourage summer reading. These Book Fairs may be altered this year to online due to current health safety restrictions.
= top =
= top =
- Gale Databases
- Florida Electronic Library - portal for students to digital collections about Florida, Gale databases, and live chat with a librarian.
- Ocala Public Library
- Sunshine State Young Readers Program
- Madison Street Library Destiny Catalog
= top =
Mrs. Terri Robinson, Media Specialist