Guidance and Counseling
WELCOME TO THE GUIDANCE OFFICE!
School Counselor - Arnishia Bennett - Arnishia.Bennett@marion.k12.fl.us
Grades 1, 3, 5, and Mrs. Benedict
School Counselor - Laura Flanagan - Laura.Flanagan@marion.k12.fl.us
Grades Kindergarten, 2, 4, Ms. Gomez, Ms. Hinman, and Mrs. Rios
Guidance Clerk - Susan Parker - Susan.Parker@marion.k12.fl.us
Our mission as your child's counselor is to assist you and his/her teachers in facilitating Saddlewood Elementary's mission statement and goals for each and every student.
I would like to invite you to come in and get to know me and the Guidance staff and the services we offer. You may come by school or call during "teacher hours" and make an appointment with us. You don't need to wait until you have a problem or special reason! We hope that, together, we can lay a good foundation for future success and achievement by making your child's years at Saddlewood Elementary a happy and rewarding learning experience.
- Help children understand themselves and others;
- Help to identify children with special needs;
- Provide crisis intervention;
- Develop plans to prevent academic/behavioral problems from developing;
- Provide Character Education program;
- Coordinate the efforts of other professionals working for children;
- Provide orientation for children coming to Saddlewood Elementary for the first time;
- Promote positive attitudes toward persons of diverse cultural, racial, ability, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Also housed in the Guidance Office is Mrs. Susan Parker the Guidance Clerk. She can be reached at email@example.com or 352-291-4075.
- Mr. Tillis, the school's IPC is located in the front office. He can be reached Russell.Tillis@marion.k12.fl.us or you can call 352-291-4075.
- Call or email to get help with -->
- Registration: All new students must register in the Guidance Office. Our personnel are familiar with all the requirements and can help you with questions.
- Attendance: As parents it is your responsibility to assure your child/children have regular, timely attendance. However, if a child is not in his/her classroom at the second bell, he/she must check in at the Guidance Office before reporting to class. Also, if children are chronically absent, tardy, or picked up early, notices may be sent from the Guidance Office in accordance with Marion County School System policies and FL statutes. Please call the Front Office if your child is absent. Upon your child's return to school, send a hand-written note as to the reason for the absence. If your child was seen by a doctor, please send the doctor's note.
- Official Records: Your child's cumulative records are housed in the Guidance Office. If you need to review anything in the folder please call ahead and make an appointment for someone to go over the contents with you. If you need a copy of any document in your child's folder we can provide it for you. If you request more than two copies, a charge will be assessed. Again, please call ahead and we will try and have it ready for you or will send it home via your child. If you are transferring out of Saddlewood Elementary we will make sure all necessary documents are forwarded to your child's new school.
*If you are a non-custodial parent who wishes to have copies of report cards, interim reports, and other routine school information, please see your child's teacher. You will be required to provide self-addressed, stamped envelopes for this.