Library Media Center
Ms. Wolfanger: Library Media SpecialistMedia Center Hours | Circulation Policy | Gift Policy | Activities | Mission Statement | Accelerated Reader Program | Sunshine State Young Readers' Award | Book Fair | Sunshine State Young Reader's and Quick Links | Find It Fast! | Gale Databases
School Days 9:15am - 4:00pm
The mission of the Dunnellon Middle's Media program is to ensure that the students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This is accomplished by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats; by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas; and by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
- Each student may have two books checked-out at any given time during the school year.
- Books are checked-out for a period of two weeks, after which time they must be returned or renewed.
- Reference books are available to read in the media center, but are unable to be checked-out.
- Fines are charged at five cents per day for any overdue book from the 'New' section.
- Lost materials will be paid for by the student as soon as possible.
- Students may only check-out one book from the 'Second Chance' section if they have an overdue book or have unpaid library fines.
- Students will be alterted via e-mail if they have a lost or overdue book.
1. Returned books will be quarantined three days before being made available for check-out.
2. Students may only take a book off the shelf if they are checking it out.
Gifts are always appreciated. They may be added to the Media Center collection, given to teachers, or donated to the public library.
Sunshine State Young Readers'
The Sunshine State Young Readers' Award program presents a choice of fifteen books chosen each year by a committee of Florida librarians. They are chosen for their quality and appeal, and represent some of the best in children's literature today. Students in grades 6 through 8 are encouraged to read at least three of the books, so they can vote for their favorite. Every year, the author of the book with the most statewide votes is presented with the Sunshine State Young Readers' Award.
DMS sponsors two Scholastic Books Fairs a year. One in October and one in February. We will announce well in advance when students, parents, and staff can take advantage of the great books offered.
- Poetry for Kids - a fun place for poetry and laughs!
- Seussville - it's, well, diffendooferous!
- The Nine Planets for Kids - learn more about space as we explore new worlds this year.
- Discovery Online
- Gale Databases
- Florida Electronic Library - portal for students to digital collections about Florida, Gale databases, and live chat with a librarian.
- Ocala Public Library
- Sunshine State Young Readers Program
= top =