Welcome to a brand new school year here at Belleview Elementary. You may contact me by phone -- 671-6100. I'm excited to be at Belleview Elementary, where we are building great kids, with great character. This year we are implementing Positive Behavior Support (PBS) & the Six Pillars of Character. Both are directly tied to our school expectations and the rules students are expected to follow.
Dean of Students
Belleview Elementary takes pride in being a school that focuses on character education as well as academics. We focus on the positive behavior rather than the negative. The positive actions of students are rewarded and as a result we have a school that often serves as a model for others to follow.
From time to time it becomes necessary to discipline children for misbehavior. All teachers are responsible for putting in place a classroom management procedure that will enhance the opportunity for learning to take place for all students.
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be Safe
- Be an Active Learner
LUNCH ROOM CONDUCT
We believe the following guidelines will help:
- Raise your hand if you need something.
- Talk softly to others at your table.
- Absolutely no talking when the lights are off.
- Follow dismissal direction.
- Always obey the lunchroom assistants.
- For health reasons, food may not be shared.
- Students who bring lunch from home are encouraged to bring a nutritious and filling meal. Our cafeteria does not provide candy or carbonated drinks for students and parents are asked not to include these items in their child’s lunchbox.
- Please pay for lunches, extra milk, or juice in the morning before classes begin. No money is accepted in the lunch line.
The following interventions will be used to correct student behavior:
- Verbal correction
- Private conference with student
- Change seat
- Behavior contract
- Parent contact
- Refer to guidance
- Time out
- Conference with Dean
NOTE: Teachers are not limited to nor required to use all steps before writing a discipline referral.
REFERRAL TO DEAN’S OFFICE
A student’s failure to respond to the attempts by the teacher and parents to change or correct misconduct will result in a discipline referral being written and the student sent to the Dean’s office. Belleview Elementary will follow the Marion County Code of Student Conduct for Elementary Schools when a child is sent to the office for disciplinary reasons.
NO TOLERANCE BEHAVIORS
- Blatant disrespect
- Drugs, weapons, alcohol
- Willful disobedience/defiance