Welcome to second grade!
- READING- READ AT LEAST 20 MINUTES DAILY (silent reading and reading aloud)
- PRACTICE SIGHT WORDS (THE MOST COMMON WORDS IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE)
- Read them, spell them, use them in a sentence
- SPELLING words for week of Oct 26: chop. catch, shape, trash, phone, that, sting, thin, bring, while
- SPELLING TEST every Monday
- Practice the spelling words your child took home
- MATH - PRACTICE ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION FACTS within 20 to achieve fluency and automaticity
- Count on within 1,000;
- Skip-count by 5s, 10s, and 100s.