A Message From Mrs. Johnson:
- Please follow all car line rules and procedures. This will make things run smoothly and quickly.
- The back gates open at 7:20 for bus riders, day care providers, and back walkers. Please do not park and walk your child into the back gates or drop them off on SE Lake Weir Avenue. All car riders must use the front carline off of SE 24th Road. Carline begins to roll at 7:20.
- Bus behavior should be the same as classroom behavior. Parents, please emphasize this with your child. If your child gets a bus referral, they could be suspended from the bus for a progressive amount of days-first one, then three, then five and so on. This could be a major inconvenience if you have to bring them to school, and we want to avoid that if at all possible.
Here at SOE, we focus on positive behavior. Students earn “buzz Bucks” to reinforce school wide expectations.
Be Safe, Be Outstanding, Be Engaged.
When students are seen following the expectations, they will be given a buzz buck.
Students can spend the buzz bucks at the buzz buck store and at PBIS quarterly events.
The discipline procedures are as follows:
- Pre-referral: Students are given 3 opportunities to correct behavior before receiving an office referral. Teachers document classroom issues on the pre-referral form.
- Office referral: If the student doesn’t correct their behavior after the pre-referral process, they will receive an office referral.
- Consequences: These are assigned using the progressive discipline matrix.
* Certain behaviors such as fighting, extreme insubordination, elopement, etc. will result in automatic suspension.