** Parents click here to learn more about the Florida Standards Assessments! **
Marion Afterschool Program (MAPS)
Reddick-Collier Elementary houses the Marion Afterschool Program (MAPS) for students before and after school. This program is offered through the Marion County School Board's Community Education Department. Registration is handled by the MAPS site manager.
Reddick-Collier Elementary School is concerned about safety - bus safety, parking lot safety, playground safety, grounds safety, and personal safety. Please don't be offended if we ask you to park in a different location, walk inside the crosswalk, or show a picture ID when picking up a child. We all have to show our children we are concerned about safety issues.
Car riders will be escorted to their cars by staff to be picked up at the front of the school, by the main office. Parents must remain in the car line with a school issued pick up card in the front windshield.
We begin unloading cars at 7:20 a.m. School begins promptly at 7:40 a.m.
To be considered “on time”, your child(ren) must be in their classroom(s) by 7:45 am. If your child is being dropped off by car, you will need to plan enough time for your child(ren) to walk from the car line to their classroom(s).
We greatly appreciate your efforts in getting your child to school on time each day.
Visitors on Campus
All parents are welcome here at Reddick-Collier, volunteers, and visitors on campus that are here on legitimate business. The procedure to follow is as such:
All visitors must check in to the front office.
- If a visitor is checking out a child or coming to have lunch, a picture identification must be shown and verified through our student management system.
- The visitor’s ID will electronically be scanned and the visitor will receive a sticker to wear on campus.
- Employees have been instructed to stop anyone without this sticker identification.
- The visitor must come back up to the office to sign out and return their name tag.
Checking a Student Out of School
- All visitors will check in at the front office.
- A picture identification must be shown and verified through our student management system.
- The student will be called to the office to be dismissed. Students may not be checked out after 2:30 p.m.
- Visitors are not permitted to go to classrooms to pick up children.
Lunch with a Student
We encourage parents to eat lunch with their child(ren) when they can. The following procedures will be followed:
- All visitors must check in the front office.
- The visitor must show a picture ID and have it verified that he or she is listed in our student management system.
- The visitor’s ID will electronically be scanned and the visitor will receive a yellow sticker to wear on campus.
- The visitor will meet the child outside of the lunchroom at one of the picnic tables. They must remain at the picnic tables for the duration of the lunch period.
- These visitors are not permitted to eat inside with other students. Please reschedule if there may be intermittent weather.
- The visitor may only sit with the child they came to eat lunch with. No friends or other children may join them.
- The child will rejoin the class as the class dismisses from the cafeteria.
- The visitor must come back up to the office to sign out.
Changing the Way a Student Goes Home
For safety reasons, it is very important that you and your child know how your child gets home daily. It is understandable that in some cases, this must change. When this occurs, the parent must send in a dated note that details this change. If a teacher does not receive a note, the child will go home by their regular method of transportation.
If an emergency arises during the day, and a parent must change the manner in which their child goes home, either the parent must come in (with picture ID) to the office, or must fax the request to the office with a signature and copy of the picture ID on the fax. The student will be notified at the end of the day of the change. This must be done before 2:00 p.m.