In Our Library, we READ!!!Hop on over to my classroom page, Ms. Gokee, for SPECIFIC things going on now .There WILL BE book check outs this year. I'll teach you how!Please return any library books from last year in a plastic bag, when you can. Thanks~~You may read MyON from your portal, ebooks under World Book tab on portal, in Discovery Education and of course, in iReady.Try keeping a reading journal of ANYTHING you read--magazines, books, ebooks, MyON, etc...discuss it with someone. Send me an email and I'll post on the website!Ms. MaryBeth Gokee, Library Media Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to our Media Center at RCES!!!
Please contact Ms. G with any reading questions for MyON or the Library.
Gifts are always appreciated. Please see Ms. Gokee prior to donating, for needs and specifics. Thank you
They may be added to the media center collection, given to teachers, or donated to the public library.
The mission of the Reddick Elementary Library Media Program is to ensure that the students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This is accomplished by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats; by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas; and by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
http://mymariondestiny.marion.k12.fl.us (home access)
Formerly, the OPAC, Destiny is the new library media center catalog. Not only is it available at your school computer, but now teachers, students, and parents can log in and access it from home to check out the Marion County library collections anytime, anyplace, anywhere!
Students of all ages are enjoying the Internet, so it is crucial that parents and guardians be aware of the risks their children will face. The following suggestions are my recommendations for safety online. For more online safety information, for activities for practicing online safety with your child, and for contracts and guidelines please visit SafeKids.com. You may also request SafeKids information by calling 1-800-843-5678.
Reddick Elementary School Media Center would like everyone to remember:
- Information online is not private. Never tell anyone online your last name, your phone number, where you live, or where you go to school.
- Never e-mail a picture of yourself to a stranger.
- If you see something that makes you uncomfortable, don't look around or explore; get your parents or teacher instead.
- Never make plans to meet Internet friends.
- Never open an e-mail, file, or Web page from people you don't know.
- Never give out your password, except to responsible adults in your family or a teacher.
- Never visit sites that offer special prizes, contests, or games. These sites may be trying to get your personal information or get money from you.
- Always follow family and school rules for the Internet. Rules are there to make sure you stay safe.
Internet Safety Links
Help your child use this test to find the PERFECT BOOK to read!
- Open the book to the middle. Pick a full page of text.
- Read the page (aloud if possible).
- Put one finger up for every word you can not pronounce or do not know.
- If you get five ( 5 ) fingers up on one page, the book is too difficult to read independently.
- If you do not get any fingers up, but are reading very slowly and decoding almost every word, you will not enjoy the book.
- Poetry for Kids - a fun place for poetry and laughs!
- Seussville - it's, well, diffendooferous!
- The Nine Planets for Kids - learn more about space as we explore new worlds this year.
- Discovery Online
- Gale Databases
- Florida Electronic Library - portal for students to digital collections about Florida, Gale databases, and live chat with a librarian.
- Marion Public Library