Hello from Ms. Abel
Hello!! My name is Jackie Abel and this is my 12th year teaching with Marion County Public Schools. I am just starting my 2nd year at Hillcrest and I just love it here! All the staff and students are so friendly, kind and caring...we're like one big happy family. Along with being a teacher, I am a Mom to 3 children and a Grammie to 3 beautiful grand children. I love to spend time with my family, but I also enjoy crafting, watching movies and going to the beach.
Our new normal (as everyone is calling it) is looking very different than it ever has. Here at Hillcrest, we are taking every safety precaution to keep all of our staff and students safe from Covid-19. There are strict guidelines we will be following, however, we will still do our best to make each day a fun learning experience.
I am looking forward to a great, healthy, and happy school year!!
The online portion of the curriculum used at Hillcrest School is called Unique Learning Systems. At this time the company is making access to this curriculum available to families at home. If you would like to access this information online from home please follow the directions below as needed.
2. Scroll halfway down the page and click "Request a Free Trial"
3. Fill out the form that opens. The format for the phone number is just numbers with no dashes or spaces, i.e.. 5555555555
4. The next window will prompt you to create a password. After completing this form you will be able to sign in using the e-mail address you provided and the password you just created.
5. Upon signing in, N2Y will prompt you to provide the rest of your personal information and read the user agreements.
6. The next screen will be all the different platforms and services you can get a trial of. You are welcome to leave all the boxes checked or take them off as you choose. The one you want is at the bottom of this options called Unique Learning Systems. You will need to check the box for your student's current grade, then submit the request.
7. There will be 3 sample students to chose from. Please reach out to me and I will tell you which sample student to use, based on your individual child's specific differentiated level. This will determine which sample student (1, 2, or 3) that you will need to use. Regardless of which student sample you use, you will need to select the grade level drop-down menu to select your student's current grade level.
- Click on Game and Activities
- Click Login (top right corner)
- Click Games and Activities
- Click Play Games (2nd option)
- Under student -
- User - hc123
- Password - marion1
- Click Sign In (top right corner)
- Sign In Information
- E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password - Hillcrest
- Brainpop Jr.
- Click login (top right corner)
- Log In Information:
- Username - hcrest
- Password - 0471
- Google Arts and Culture
- Free exploration of U.S. National Parks (virtual field trips) along with many other science and social studies topics to explore
- Scholastic Home Learning
- Free Resources based on grade level
- Accessing Free e-books
- Junior Library Guild - follow instructions on screen
- Sebco books
If you would like to take advantage of this offer, simply click on the FREE eBooks link and enter the following credentials:
User Name: keepreading | Password: sebco | ID#: 1
Questions? Contact our office
800-223-3251 | email@example.com