Student Early Check out
Students may be signed out by an authorized adult (listed on the current emergency form) prior to 2:30pm each day. For students who are able to drive, the legal guardian must provide a signed note and copy of their driver's license for the student to sign themselves out. These requests can be hand delivered or faxed to the attendance office. Attendance Office Fax - 671-4706. You may also email the request to Taylor.Berry@marion.k12.fl.us.
Advanced Absence Request
School Board Policy JED provides a means for parents/guardians to request in advance that their son/daughter be absent from school. The policy enables parents to seek an approved absence as a convenience for personal family matters (travel, emergencies) that cannot be scheduled at a time other than during school hours.
Please note: Absences are only approved for medical issues or for a student with good grades and good attendance previous to the intended absence.
Students whose parents/guardians are requesting the approval of an advanced absence must complete the Advanced Request form and follow the steps below.
- Obtain an Advanced Request for Absence form from the attendance office. The form must be competed six (6) days prior to the absence.
- Students should have their teachers complete the scholastic status report and sign.
- Parents/Guardians must complete the top portion of the form. A statement requesting the advanced absence approval and an explanation for the absence must be provided.
- Student returns the completed form to the attendance office.
- Assistant Principal over attendance will approve/deny request.
- Student/Parent will receive disposition of advanced absence request the day following completion of steps 1-4 above.
Testing in Florida: Success Measures
The Florida Department of Education has developed an online tool to help parents and families throughout the state learn about changes to our standards and assessments.
This new resource, called Success Measures will provide parents and students with information on what is being taught and tested in our classrooms.
Log on today to learn more about:
- The materials students will be learning.
- When and how students will be tested.
- Why our assessment program is changing.
Try these three easy steps to learn more:
- Go to www.fldoe.org/successmeasures.
- Select a grade level and school year
- Submit the course(s) in Reading/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Health or Physical Education.
Important Forms & Links
- Testing Information
- Dress Code Policy
- MCPS Code of Student Conduct
- Teacher Web Pages
- Advance Absence Request
- Volunteer Form
- Request to Transport Form
- Parent/Student Athletic Contract
- Sportsmanship, Sexual Harassment, Hazing & MRSA Presentation
- Florida Standards Assessments Brochure
- Common Core Information via National PTA
- Community Service Hours Form