Marion County Public Schools Parent Partnership
The Marion County Public Schools (MCPS) Parent Partnership is a collaboration of district schools, departments, and community organizations to provide families opportunities to assist their child(ren) with strategies to be used at home and link families with community resources.
- Family-school relationships should focus on student progress and success.
- Families are equal partners in achieving educational goals for students.
- Both in-school and out-of-school experiences influence students’ school performance.
- Sharing information about child behavior across settings is valued.
- Collaboration has a positive effect on student learning.
- Families should be active partners in decision-making.
- Problem-solving can be accomplished by working together.
- Family-school relationships are cultivated and sustained over time.
- All families want what is best for their children.
- All families can support their child’s learning.
Goal: Increase student achievement through building and cultivating strong family, community, and school partnerships.
Events are FREE to all families and scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.. The event will begin at 9:00 a.m., with most breakout sessions lasting 20 minutes. Afterward, you may browse tables to view district and community resources. Breakout sessions will repeat at 10:30 a.m.
To register online:
Click the “Register Now”.
- Choose a maximum of three sessions within your event timeline.
- There is a limit to seating for sessions offered.
To register on-site:
Participants can register on-site the day of the event if space is available (pre-registration recommended).
November 13, 2021 - Literacy & Social Emotional Information
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Forest High School
5000 SE Maricamp Rd., Ocala, FL 34480
January 29, 2022 - Mathematics for Life
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at North Marion High School
151 W Highway 329, Citra, FL 32113
February 26, 2022 - Standardized Testing Preparation
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Vanguard High School
7 NW 28th St., Ocala, FL 34475
March 26, 2022 - Physical Fitness & Beating the Summer Slide
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Dunnellon High School
10055 SW 180th Ave. Rd., Dunnellon, FL 34432