Welcome to 5th Grade ELA & Social Studies!
Students if you are having trouble with time management during distance learning here is a copy of a daily schedule that you can follow.
Please continue to read the information provided by the district, as new updates and information are available daily. These updates can be found on either the school or district website.
Don't forget to check your P.E., Art, and Music Teacher Webpages for weekly assignments.
PE - Coach Landers https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/14315
PE - Coach Morrow https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/14316
Art - Ms. Long https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/4465
Music - Mr. Willett https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/20374
Students should read 20 minutes daily and complete 45 minutes of activities on I-Ready Weekly.
Moving forward with an online learning platform, I will be using Google Classroom to post assignments and expectations. Each subject area will have a separate class to join. Students will receive a link to join the class in Google classroom from their email account on the MCPS desktop.
- Sign in through the regular MCPS desktop, just as you would at school. This can be done by going to www.marionschools.net and clicking on "MCPS Desktop" in the upper-right corner of the webpage.
- Once logged in, find the tab for Google Classroom.
- When prompted to sign in to Google Classroom, be sure to enter your full student e-mail address (@marionstudents.net). Your password is the same as your regular school password.
- Click the + sign in the corner to join a class! You will have to join the ELA and Social Studies "classrooms" separately.
- After joining each class, read the introduction post.
- Attendance will be taken. Be sure to log into Goggle Classroom ELA and answer the attendance question.
If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
Office hours Monday-Friday 11 am-1 pm
Cell: 352-462-3411 (voice or text)
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.