Hello 5th Grade Writers--You have been shining!
May 8, 2020
You will be able to pick up all of the things that you have in your desk on May 20th. The 5th Grade teachers will get together and provide you with a time so that you can drive by and pick up a bag with all of your belongs in it. I will keep you posted.
Chrome Books will be returned to the school on Monday June 8, 2020 unless you will be attending Summer School. 5th Graders are scheduled to drop off their Chromebooks from 12:00-3:00 on June 8.
Chromebooks can be dropped off July 13-16 if you are attending summer school.
The Special for the week of May 11-15 is Music. Please Contact your Music teacher so she can give you an assignment.
There are several ways for parents and students to contact me:
- Office hour 10:00 to 11:00 AM--(not at school, but on line or by telephone)
- Office hour 1:00 to 2:00 --(not at school, but on line or by telephone)
- I will be available at 352-462-1386 by phone during my office hours
- Email me at email@example.com
- Leave a message and I will return your call or email as quickly as I can.
- 5th Grade teachers are also working with Dojo to get our lists updated so we can use it for communication.
Writing Assignments are listed in my GOOGLE CLASSROOM. LOOK THERE PLEASE. Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms such as (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child's image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
- My Google Classroom is up and running. The assignments are posted there. There are daily assignments as well as larger writing projects. The code to access my Google Classroom is Ljxb7rw. Add yourself as a student.
- If you are in need of technology support you can call the help desk 352-867-2100 between 7:30 AM-4:40 PM.
- Read Works---my class code is 7KQ2CA and my password is 1234
We are lighting up our writing!
Supporting students as they develop into writers who can communicate well is my goal as a writing teacher.
Helping students acquire an interest in writing for communication, life-long leisure and pleasure and for their professional/career needs is something I strive for every day.
It is definitely a Time to Shine!
I am anxious to work with you via the computer. Make this adventure exciting by doing as much as you can and remember our motto, "Give a little more than you are asked for".