Welcome to English I and English I Honors
I will be using Google Classroom to post all assignments while we are out of school. Please go daily to find assginments for your class. If for any reason you cannot login to Google Classroom at home, you need to email me at Ashley.Peirano@marion.k12.fl.us to obtain a copy of assignments.
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
Hello, all! Below is what you will be doing for the remainder of the school year in my class:
1. Assignments will be posted and submitted on Google Classroom. This should not be a problem as we have been using that platform all year. However, if you have any difficulty getting onto Google Classroom, please email me ASAP.
Google Classrom Class Codes:Period 1 - lkghdraPeriod 2 - sfpvh4kPeriod 3 - 2dbwhthPeriod 4 - ixffctnPeriod 5 - zmlnw7yPeriod 6 - fcxc7phCommonLit Class Codes:Period 1 - KZPBD7Period 2 - QQE4PPPeriod 3 - 9Q8VK3Period 4 - EVD797Period 5 - VD3QVJPeriod 6 - 437ZG8
2. Most assignments will come from the website CommonLit. When you first use the site, you will need to enter a course code. Please check for indivdual course codes on your Google Classroom site. You'll be prompted to make an account. Please do.
3. Multiple choice questions will be recorded and reported to me. Short response questions need to be answered in RACE format: restate; answer; cite; explain. As such, a short response should have 4 sentences at a minimum. I will be entering grades into Skyward so you can keep up with your progress.
4. I will be available by phone, text, or email from 9:15 - 3:45 Monday - Friday. If you have any questions, you can email me at Ashley.Peirano@marion.k12.fl.us.
5. Though we are going virtual, I am still responsible for taking attendance. Do your work on time and I will know that you are present in class.
I am Ms. Peirano, and I'm happy to be your English I/honors teacher this year! We will be working toward becoming better readers, writers, and speakers of English. Students in this course will be working toward mastery of the Florida State Standards for English Language Arts and will be responsible for taking the 9th grade FSA in writing and reading. I will use this website to update all important documents used in class, due dates, and announcements. Please check it frequently, especially when absent from school. You can learn more about me in the Meet the Teacher Page.