School Year 2020-2021
Welcome to Mrs. Payne's World History & US Government Page
US Government MCPS Online
We are still working on getting your class loaded into Microsoft Teams. For the time being, I have sent a recurring Zoom meeting to your Skyward account which you will use to log in each day for 2nd period. As an MCPS Online student, you are expected to attend your regularly scheduled 2nd period class with me. Please contact the school if you need assistance.
For the 2020-21 school year, our online point of contact will be Microsoft Teams, which can be accessed through the student desktop.
Technology Parent/Student Help Desk: AVAILABLE NOW! #352/867-2100 7:30am-4:30pm M-F
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
MCPS Online Students
To access our virtual classroom, please log in to your student desktop and click on Microsoft Teams. If you have lost your student log in credentials, please contact the school at 465-6745 to obtain them. Classes and assignments are held through this platform.
Help with accessing and utilizing Microsoft Teams can be found at https://www.marionschools.net/mcpsonlineresources. If you are still having trouble accessing your assigned classes, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scanning Documents to Turn In
iPhone, iPad, iPad Touch
Scan a document
1. Open a note or create a new note
2. Tap, then tap Scan Documents.
3. Place your document in view of the camera on your device.
4. If your device is in Auto mode, your document will be automatically scanned.
5. Drag the corners to adjust the scan to fit the page, then tap Keep Scan.
Scan a document
1. Open the Google Drive app.
2. In the bottom right, tap Add (plus sign)
3. Tap Scan.
4. Take a photo of the document you'd like to scan. Make adjustments: To adjust scan area: Tap Crop. To take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page. To scan another page: Tap Add.
5. To save the finished document, tap Done.