School Sponsored Event Procedure
All school-sponsored events throughout Marion County Public Schools will add more security measures to keep students and spectators safe.
These added measures apply to all school facilities including football stadiums, gymnasiums, auditoriums and other congregating areas:
- Only small bags will be allowed, no larger than 12 inches by 12 inches.
- All bags will be searched.
- No backpacks allowed.
- Hand-held metal detectors may be used.
- No admission tickets will be sold after halftime.
- No re-entry.
- No outside food or beverages allowed.
- Loitering is prohibited outside of facility gates and doors or in parking lots before, during and after events.
- Once spectators leave an event, they must leave the venue.
Anyone attending a school-sponsored event is encouraged to arrive early to be seated on time.