Welcome to Pre-K with Mrs. Michelle Moles & Ms. Stephanie Boisvert
The experiences planned during this month will focus on Oceans and Ocean Life. Oceans cover over 70% of the earth's surface. Many different kinds of animals live in the oceans and these animals are important to the well being of our world. An animal made every beautiful shell on the beach and many animals that live in the ocean provide us with foods that are healthy for our bodies.
It is important for children to appreciate the value of our oceans and the many different kinds of life that they support. This theme will introduce your child to the varied animals that live in the oceans and should help him/her develop knowledge about how these animals grow and live,
Color of the month
Shades of blue
Shape of the month
Ellipse or Oval (squashed circle, a football shape)
Letters of the month
Dd and Pp
You can help your child this month by:
- Pointing out objects in the environment that have the oval or ellipse shape.
- Read at least one story to your child each night.
- Help them find objects that begin with the letters D and P for the sound table at school.
- Point out the letters D and P on signs and in books. BE SURE AND KEEP IT FUN!
- Put a little blue food coloring in the bath water for play with containers and point out things that are blue in the environment.
- Send any books or pictures you have at home about oceans and ocean life to be shared at school.
Activities for you to do at home with your child:
- Read every night to your child.
- Point out letters you see in the environment. (i.e. T at the beginning of Target or P at the beginning of Publix)
- Discuss the colors you see in the trees and animals. Take your child on a walk and talk about the colors that you see.
- Talk about the shapes that you see in buildings and other objects in the environment.