Welcome to our Summer Edition of our VPK Inclusion Homepage with Ms. Piperato and Mrs. Tripp
A big thanks to all our 2019-2020 families and Mrs. Tripp for making our ZOOM sessions and Distance Learning a huge success! Please see below for some suggested activities for you to engage your child with learning in preparation for kindergarten.
If you are browsing our webpages in anticipation of your child joining our MOES family for the 2020-2021 school year, please check back the week of August 3rd for updates and information. In the meantime, please feel free to try out some of the acitvities below in preparation for VPK.
We love when our families participate in our program. Your participation helps your child feel important and lets them know that you value them and their education. Please try to engage your child with the ideas below. Just click on the titles and the link will pop up! More online resources for art, literacy, math and science on our Online Resources Page. For more fun and music go to the Music and Movement Page.
Activities for you to do daily.
- Read to your child every day.
- Point out letters you see in the environment. (i.e. P at the beginning of Publix, T at the beginning of Target, W at the beginning of Walmart, etc.)
- Discuss the colors and shapes you see in the environment. Nature walks are full of shapes and colors.
- The beach is a great place to teach your child about Oceans and Ocean Life.
- When talking to your child, try to use as many adjectives as you can to encourage vocabulary and sentence structure.
- Encourage your child to sort common househld items by color, shape and size.
Ms. Piperato and Mrs. Tripp