I truly hope that all of you are staying safe and healthy during these uncertain times. My thoughts and prayers are certainly with you all during this crisis and hope to see all of you once the dust settles. If you have not already done so, I would like each of you to download the Remind app and join your respective class. Please see below for your course code. You will simply text your code to '81010' in order to join the class. I will use this platform to relay all messages regarding assignments and expectations for the remainder of the year. In addition, please download the Zoom app on your phone as this is where we will conduct our class discussions each week on the material. Thank you all again for your patience and perseverance during this process and I look forward to helping each and every one of you.
Thinking Skills (code: @d8fg44)
Physical Science (code: @bhsphysic)
Biology I (code: @2437e3)
DISTANCE LEARNING GUIDELINES
Daily Availability (through Remind app and email)
Mon-Fri, 8:00a-5:00p (unless in a current live lesson)
- Through this process, much of your learning will take place independently, while being supplemented with Q & A sessions and live video discussions with me on designated days
- Class discussions will take place on the Zoom app (which you must download). Days and times for these discussions will be posted on my website and also sent out through Remind.com. You will receive a code and password for the meetings each week. You may join any session you wish to as we will be discussing the same material in each session for each class.
- Assignments will be sent out on Monday through Remind and will be posted in the Assignments section of my website. All assignments will be "due" at the end of the week.
- For grades, I am asking that you hold onto all work in a portfolio for the time being. Once we receive further direction on grades from the district, I will adjust as needed. Please be certain that your assignments are placed in your portfolio in chronological (by date) order, with your name/date/period in the upper right hand corner of the page and the assignment's title highlighted on the top line for easy recognition.
Discussion Days and Times (additional discussion times will be added as more students join each online class)
- Biology will have discussion times on Zoom on Fridays at 10:00 and 1:00
- Physical Science will have discussion on Zoom on Fridays at 2:00
- AICE Thinking Skills will have discussion on Fridays at 11:00.
Any notes or Powerpoints will be placed in the Gallery section, as always, for each section we are covering. In addition, please feel free to look up videos on Khan Academy or other online platforms to enhance your distance learning experience.
Per the District Guidelines
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device
Please follow the link below for detailed instructions as to how to access your E-Textbook