WELCOME TO CHORUS! 2020-21
We will continue to have chorus class this year, but it will certainly look different with the pandemic restrictions in place. Please see below!
Cell for Work (text): 978-593-4471
* Absolutely everyone must wear a mask in class. Singing is one of the most dangerous spreaders of COVID-19, but masks are proven to reduce the spread almost completely.
* No singing the first 9 weeks. We will learn music concepts for the first 9 weeks in other ways like body movement exercises, percussion instruments, and written work.
* No public concerts until at least December. We will record our musical work and share through the internet following county guidelines.
* Any singing we do in the first semester will likely happen outside where we are at less risk.
Now, with all that said, let's plan to make chorus fun for everyone. We will continue to be the class where people can put down their books and enjoy moving and being with friends! Let's sing!
Hello, this is Dr. Adkins representing Howard Middle School Chorus. We are very proud of our chorus program. It has a rich history of good performances and prestigious awards that represent students, parents, teachers, and administrators who care about the community. The first year of chorus is open to every Howard Middle School student regardless of experience. Transfer students to Howard can join an advanced choir if they have previous experience. Come sing!
- VIVACE - Our advanced chorus exclusively for 8th-graders, men & women. Audition required.
- AMORE - Our advanced chorus for women only who have completed beginning chorus.
- FORTE - Our advanced chorus for men only who have completed beginning chorus.
- DA CAPO - First-year chorus open to any Howard Middle School student
- If you need to contact Dr. Adkins directly, send a text or call 978-593-4471.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER: Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.