HILLCREST VISUAL ARTS CLASS
Video of the Week: Storytime with Ms. Z
- I have included various size circles, one for each of the communities in which we live:
“My planet, My continent, My country, My state, My city, My house”.
- Start by coloring the pictures I provided or drawing your own community pictures. You will glue the pictures to the labeled circle. You can also add words and pictures of your own or from magazines. This is where you’ll get creative. Think about the colors you see in your home, your city, your state, your country, continent and finally the earth.
- When you have finished coloring and gluing, start with the largest circle (Earth) and place them in order as seen in the link above, making sure you can see the labels. The circles will start with the biggest and get smaller. At the top of your community circles, you can put a picture of yourself (cut into a circle).
- Use the ring or brad that I provided to clip it all together.
- Next it’s time to take a picture of our work and email it to me. Remember that we are all in this together. We all have problems that we face every day, but we are a community of families, held together by love, empathy, compassion, and hope.
- Time to clean up and have a great summer!
This project is the final project. There is no alternative activity.Author: Zanita HendryLength: 6:33
Hello to ALL my favorite Hillcrest Artist!
I miss your happy faces so much and I can't wait to see you again! You can reach me by email or you can request a Zoom meeting with me (ask a family member for help). On this webpage you will find links to assignments, videos, fun activities, and a gallery of photos. If you submit a photo of your artwork to my email, I will post it in the gallery! In the meantime, continue to make good choices for you and your family, spread kindness whenever you can, practice an attitude of gratitude, and please continue to bring Art into this world (and share it with me).
DISTANCE AND E-LEARNING
Hillcrest is providing Instructional Packets that are available for parent pick-up curb-side at Hillcrest School Tuesday, March 31st and April 16th from 3-5 pm. Hillcrest families you will hear from Teachers to assist you during this distance learning process. We will not be collecting any completed work, but rather we will have phone contact with the families to assist us in the grading process. Should you need any assistance please don’t hesitate to email your Classroom Teacher, Therapist or Behavior Specialist.
Thank you and stay well.
- Click on Game and Activities
- Click Log in (top right corner)
- Click Games and Activities
- Click Play Games (2nd option)
- Under student -
- User - hc123
- Password - marion1
- Click Sign In (top right corner)
- Sign In Information
- E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password - Hillcrest
- Brainpop Jr.
- Click Log In (top right corner)
- Log In Information:
- Username - hcrest
- Password - 0471
- Google Arts and Culture
- Free exploration of U.S. National Parks (virtual field trips) along with many other science and social studies topics to explore
- Scholastic Home Learning
- Free Resources based on grade level
- Accessing Free e-books
- Junior Library Guild - follow instructions on screen
- Sebco books
If you would like to take advantage of this offer, simply click on the FREE eBooks link and enter the following credentials:
User Name: keepreading | Password: sebco | ID#: 1
Questions? Contact our office
800-223-3251 | email@example.com