Covid-19 Update As of August 13, 2020......
Based on the latest information from the Florida Department of Health in Marion County (FLDOH-MC), once our schools reopen for face-to-face learning:
*Parents. families, and employees should anticipate "perpetual disruptions" forcing 14-day quarantines that could happen daily. This means anyone exposed to a possible or positive COVID-19 case could be sent home for a 14-day quarantine, return to school or work, and be sent home again if exposed to another possible or positive COVID-19 case.
*All contact tracing of students and staff will be conducted by the FLDOH-MC. For the safety of our entire school community, we encourage complete cooperation with health officials.
*Every effort will be made to maintain a "continuity of instruction" so quarantined students can continue learning with their own teacher, or at least a teacher from their own school. This may not always be possible.
*COVID-19 testing for MCPS students and staff members will be expedited by the FLDOH-MC. This means results should be returned within 24-48 hours. A special form will be issued by the school and required by FLDOH-MC to expedite COVID-19 testing.
*Quarantines depend heavily on "close contact" defined by FLDOH-MC as being within six feet of someone suspected of COVID-19 exposure or positive testing, for at least 15 minutes, regardless of face covering.
*Discipline is likely for students and staff members who refuse to wear face coverings as required by School Board Resolution 20-07 when safe social distancing is not possible.
- Grab and Go Meals are provided for MCPS-Online Students every Monday for the entire week from 8:00 am to 9:00 am. Food requests must be submitted a week in advance.
- For technical issues with school-distributed Chromebooks please call the school and ask for Mr. Hall.
- Phone Numbers to call for help if the school is closed for Covid-19:
- Ms. Milligan, Attendance and IEP information 352-405-2914
- Ms. Moore, IPC and Registrations 352-405-2815
- Ms. Jackson, School Counselor and IEP information 352-405-2814
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
New Student Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year
For the safety of our entire community, our campuses and offices are by appointment only at this time. To facilitate new student enrollment during this time please follow these steps:
- Complete the New Student Online Enrollment process at http:www//marionschools.net
- Gather the required documents: Make sure student name is on each document.
- Proof of Age (original Birth Certificate)
- School Entry Health Exam (DH3040)
- Immunization Record (DH680)
- Proof of Residency (Mortgage/Lease/Tax Bill and Utility Bill)
- Parent Photo ID (Driver’s License – State ID Card – Passport)
- Letter requesting enrollment of student with signature that matches ID – Make sure contact information is in the letter (Phone-Email)
- Most recent report card
- After all documents are located please call Sparr Guidance at 671-6060 to set up an appointment (Mon-Thurs) to bring the documents in for us to take a picutre of each document. This will be a contactless process to ensure everyone remains healthy and safe. You may also upload them into the registration portal from your home/phone to omit coming onto campus for an appointment.