Welcome to Liberal Arts Math and Algebra 1A!
Hello there! I'm Mr. Obara and this is my website. You'll be able to find my syllabus, some notes, and other important information that will help guide you through the school year.
I mainly use Google Classroom, where you'll find more detailed notes through my videos.
The course will review the mathematical skills needed for the study of algebra. Topics include the arithmetic of integers, fractions, decimals, and percents; applications of these arithmetic skills to problems involving measurement, percent, ratio, and proportion; and math study skills. The introduction to algebra consists of operations on signed numbers, algebraic expressions, solving linear equations and an introduction to graphing. It also includes exponents and polynomials, quadratic functions, and data analysis.
Please feel free to contact me at anytime for anything you need!
Update 4/1: Hello everyone! We are live! Make sure to check out the attendance policy by clicking on the tab on the left side of the page. Also be sure to check out Google classroom for our first assignment! It's due on Friday, 4/3, so make sure you get it done by then. Also be sure to check out my contact information by clicking on its appropriate tab on the left. Email is still the best way to reach me, but there are options listed there if need be. Welcome back everyone and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Stay safe!
UPDATE 3/30 Hello all! I hope this message finds you well. Just an update on a few things of what to expect for my class starting Wednesday. Stay safe!
- Keep checking this website and Google Classroom for updates
- I have a new video update on Google Classroom you should watch!
- For Liberal Arts students (periods 1,2,4,5,6), all assignments will be done through Google Classroom, mostly through a Google Form document. What this means is that when you click on the assignment, you'll click on the Google Form tab that shows up and then answer the questions in the spaces given.
- For Algebra 1A students (period 3), we're going to be working in the online textbook. I'll be able to give you assignments through there and you can access it through your portal by clicking on the class textbooks tab on the desktop. I'll post a link on how to access it in the tabs on the right.
- Attendance is required and will be recorded in Skyward daily, as usual. In order to record attendance, I will post a Form on our Google Classroom that you can click on and check off that you were "present" for the day. You have until 3:00 that day to log on and check the form to be marked present. After that, you will be marked absent.
- Starting tomorrow, Tuesday 3/31, my email will be open in the background from 9-4 during the weekdays. If you need to contact me, that will be the best way for right now.
- Starting Wednesday, I'll have a Google Voice number listed that you can use to contact me if you want to send me a message or ask me a question. I'll only be available for a certain time period of the day. If you try to contact me that way outside of the given times, I will not respond until the next time period. Consider these my "office hours." Times to be given on Wednesday.
- Video chats can be requested and set up with 24 hour notice. Details to come.