Hello families and Welcome to our Virtual Classroom!
In the wake of the current events with COVID 19 we have made adjustments to what could be a "new normal" for our schools and counties affected by the coronavirus. With that said, I know that you are doing everything you can to best assist in your child's educational needs. Therefore I will do my best to provide quality instructional materials that best facilitate student learning virtually just as it would in the classroom. Please keep in mind that this virtual platform is new to me so bear with me as I work out the kinks (so to speak) for using this new remote learning program.
Sample student schedule
- Say Good Morning to Mrs. Hafner-5 min (don't forget to share your happy thought)
- ELA-25-30 min-Mondays 9-10am live lessons on Zoom
- iReady Reading-15 min
- Physical activity (Go Noodle, outside, etc)-15-20 min-Recess on Zoom 1030-1130
- Reading-20 min+
- Social Studies-15-20 min
- Don’t forget lunch-yum
- Physical activity (Go Noodle, outside, etc)-15-20 min
- Art/Music-15-20 min
- Math-20-30 min-Mondays 12-1 live lessons on Zoom
- iReady Math-15 min
- Science-15-20 min
- See you tomorrow
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
From this site, students will be able to view and complete assigned materials and lessons that currently align with the Florida standards and curriculum for all subjects. As of right now students can view and complete assignments but these will not be graded. I will start the grading process next week when I am more familiar with the program. You should be able to click into each document to be able to view the assignments.
Please join me for our first Zoom meeting Wednesday 4/1 at 10am so we can all say hello to each other and learn how to navigate the Zoom app so we are ready for next weeks lessons. I will post the invitation in Dojo again Wednesday morning.
Students are expected to complete 15min. of iReady Reading and 15 min of iReady Math daily, as well as reading for at least 20 minutes, MyOn is a great resource for this. Both are available on the student portal.
In the meantime, please send me your questions, comments, and feedback about access to the materials. Thank you again so much for all your efforts during this sensitive time. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. I will be available on Class Dojo (preferred) or email email@example.com.
Thank you all for your patience as we explore this journey together. Stay healthy and safe,
links to CKLA Readers
Please feel free to use these readers to practice as well as for your daily 20 minutes of reading
- Snap Shots Unit 1 https://www.coreknowledge.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CKLA_G1_U1_RDR_web.pdf
- Gran Unit 2 https://www.coreknowledge.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CKLA_G1_U2_RDR_web.pdf
- Fables Unit 3https://www.coreknowledge.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CKLA_G1_U3_RDR_web.pdf
- Green Fern Zoo Unit 4 https://www.coreknowledge.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CKLA_G1_U4_RDR_web.pdf
- Kate's Book Unit 5 https://www.coreknowledge.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CKLA_G1_U5_Rdr_web.pdf
- Grace Unit 6-this is the reader you will be accessing for your ELA tasks https://www.coreknowledge.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CKLA_G1_U6_Rdr_web.pdf