Anthony Elementary takes pride in being a school that focuses on character education as well as academics. We focus on the positive behavior rather than the negative. The positive actions of students are rewarded and as a result we have a school that often serves as a model for others to follow.
From time to time it becomes necessary to discipline children for misbehavior. All teachers are responsible for putting in place a classroom management procedure that will enhance the opportunity for learning to take place for all students.
LUNCH ROOM CONDUCT
We believe the following guidelines will help:
- Raise your hand if you need something.
- Talk softly to others at your table.
- Absolutely no talking when the lights are off.
- Follow dismissal direction.
- Always obey the lunchroom assistants.
- For health reasons, food may not be shared.
- Students who bring lunch from home are encouraged to bring a nutritious and filling meal. Our cafeteria does not provide candy or carbonated drinks for students and parents are asked not to include these items in their child’s lunchbox.
- Please pay for lunches, extra milk, or juice in the morning before classes begin. No money is accepted in the lunch line.
The following interventions will be used to correct student behavior:
- Verbal correction
- Private conference with student
- Change seat
- Behavior contract
- Parent contact
- Refer to guidance
NOTE: Teachers are not limited to nor required to use all steps before writing a discipline referral.
NO TOLERANCE BEHAVIORS
- Blatant disrespect
- Drugs, weapons, alcohol
- Willful disobedience/defiance
Things to Remember:
- Please follow all car line rules and procedures. This will make things run smoothly and quickly!
- Campus opens at 7:15 for car riders, bus riders, day care providers, and walkers. Please do not park and walk your child in the back gates, or drive by and let them off.
- Walker parents need to show their card to pick up the student. If the card is not there, they will have to go to the front office to check ID.
- Parents are welcome to eat lunch with their child at the designated parent table in the cafeteria, or at the picnic tables outside.
- Bus behavior should be the same as classroom behavior. Parents, please emphasize this with your child. If your child gets a bus referral, they will be suspended from the bus for a progressive amount of days – first one, then three, then five…and so on. This could be a major inconvenience if you have to bring them to school, and we want to avoid that if at all possible.
- If you have a question or concern about something going on in the classroom, don’t hesitate to talk to the teacher. Many things can be taken care of early if we are aware. 671-6000 is our main number.
Your child’s education is of the utmost importance, and we are all here to help your child achieve! Please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance…and remember the school wide expectations:
South Ocala’s School Wide Expectations
Do What’s Right!
Do Your Best!
Treat Others the Way You Want to be Treated!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our Dean Mr. Martin at ext. 51054