What Parents Need to Know

  • students


    Social Work Services Are Available to Help

    School Social Workers are available to students and families with various needs. These needs could include issues with school, home, the community, health concerns, and relationship issues. Each public school in Marion County has a School Social Worker and Social Work Assistant available for assistance. We are here to help students effectively utilize the educational opportunities available while maximizing potential for growth and learning.


    The ways in which school social workers can assist students and their families are endless. For a student to be successful, regular and consistent attendance at school must be a priority. School social workers and social work assistants are available to assist with chronic absenteeism and help students and families addressing these issues. To further assist with absenteeism, the Truancy Intervention Partnership Program (TIPP) was developed. This particular program is a co-operative effort between the Marion County Public School Board and the State Attorney’s Office to provide prevention and intervention to students and their families who are experiencing difficulties with regular school attendance. For additional information, please call (352) 671-6870.

    Online Meal Pay for Student Lunches

    MCPS Food & Nutrition Services has partnered with MySchoolBucks. Pay for school meals and more, anytime, anywhere from your computer or smartphone.

    To create your free account today, go to MySchoolBucks.com


    Last school year, 5,341 MCPS volunteers put in more than 157,624 hours of their time to benefit students in Marion County Public Schools.

    Parents are invited and encouraged to volunteer at school. Every effort will be made to find every parent a way to participate actively in their child's education.


    Volunteers are needed to tutor students, shelve library books, assist teachers, file papers, and chaperone field trips.


    To volunteer at Dunnellon Elementary, call  465-6710.