Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year here at Marion Oaks Elementary.
You may contact me by email or by phone - 352-291-7975.
Scott Moyer, Dean of Students
Marion Oaks Elementary takes pride in being a school that focuses on character education as well as academics. We focus on the positive behavior rather than the negative. The positive actions of students are rewarded and as a result we have a school that often serves as a model for others to follow.
From time to time it becomes necessary to discipline children for misbehavior. All teachers are responsible for putting in place a classroom management procedure that will enhance the opportunity for learning to take place for all students.
LUNCH ROOM CONDUCT
There is no place students reveal their manners or reflect the training they have received at home more conspicuously than in the lunchroom. We urge all students to use the cafeteria as a pleasant place to talk quietly, relax and enjoy their lunch.
We believe the following guidelines will help:
- Raise your hand if you need something.
- Talk softly to others at your table.
- Absolutely no talking when the lights are off.
- Follow dismissal direction.
- Always obey the lunchroom assistants.
- For health reasons, food may not be shared.
- Students who bring lunch from home are encouraged to bring a nutritious and filling meal. Our cafeteria does not provide candy or carbonated drinks for students and parents are asked not to include these items in their child’s lunchbox.
- Please pay for lunches, extra milk, or juice in the morning before classes begin. No money is accepted in the lunch line.
The following redirection techniques will be used to correct student behavior:
- Verbal Warning
- One on One Conference
- Note Home or Phone Call
- Alternative Setting- Students may receive a temporary change of setting to another teacher’s room where they will complete their assignments.
NOTE: Teachers are not limited to nor required to use all steps before writing a discipline referral.
REFERRAL TO DEAN’S OFFICE
A student’s failure to respond to the attempts by the teacher and parents to change or correct misconduct will result in a discipline referral being written and the student sent to the Dean’s office. Marion Oaks will follow the Marion County Code of Student Conduct for Elementary Schools when a child is sent to the office for disciplinary reasons.
NO TOLERANCE BEHAVIORS
- Blatant disrespect
- Drugs, weapons, alcohol
- Willful disobedience/defiance