WELCOME BACK SPARR STALLIONS!!! My name is Mrs. Gaston and I am pleased to be your child's teacher for this new school year. We're so happy to be back in school! However, we know we are starting this year off in unprecedented times and things are ever-changing. Please know that I will always have the best interests of your children as my driving mission every day in the classroom. That means their safety is first and foremost. I know you probably have a lot of questions and I will work diligently to answer those questions. If I am unsure of the answers I will find out as quickly as possible. As the next two weeks progress I will be calling parents/guardians of my students so we can meet one another even if it is from a distance in lieu of our traditional Orientation.
As I find out more information I will post it for you here on my Teacher website so you will have the latest, most up-to-date info as possible. For now, as you are getting school supplies together please remember your student will be keeping each of their own school supplies in their desks (with the exception of the kleenex, wipes and ziplocs- those will go in a closet for use as needed). We will not be sharing materials as we have in the past due to COVID 19 so feel free to personalize those items as you wish, they will retain those for their use alone.
As you would expect, there will be many changes this year in order to maintain a safe and healthy campus. But we will get through it and I can't wait to see the smiling faces of my new students on August 24th. Enjoy the last few days of summer and be ready to learn and have so much fun because I'm committed to the best year ever-
Go Stallions, We're SPARR STRONG !
Updated info for bus riders:
Parents please go to the Marion County Website @ www.marionschools.net and click on the bus tab at the top and put in your address and it will give you the bus information. If you aren't able to get the info that way then you can contact transportation by phone at 671-7050 for bus information such as bus #, pickup location and time. I hope this helps!
- Students will now be able to eat in the cafeteria within a carefully planned schedule that will allow for social distancing guidelines. This plan will include a schedule that allows for students to enjoy rotating weeks of eating in the cafeteria and eating outside at picnic areas. Students will be carefully monitored to ensure safety guidelines are met. This is one more way we are trying to make things as normal as possible for students.
- Pictures of our classroom are now posted in our Gallery so you may see what your child's learning environment will look like as we weren't able to have a traditional Orientation this year. Students may also enjoy a preview of their classroom!
- Students will be given a face shield to use as an additional layer of safety in the classroom and their shield will remain in the classroom so they have access to it daily. Please don't forget, every student and employee are required to wear masks daily to ensure the safety of all.
- The district has uploaded a video on the MCPS website explaining how to get to the Distance Learning platform (Microsoft Teams) in the event it becomes necessary for your student at any time to utilize this program. We will also begin showing students how to access this platform in the classroom and having them complete assignments from time to time in the classroom utilizing this platform so they are familiar with it.
- It's going to be a great year and we are so excited to meet your students, get to know them, and help them continue in their journey towards academic success!
First Grade School Supply List 2020-2021
- 1 box of 24 count crayons
- Tissues (2 boxes)
- 1 pack of plain yellow #2 Pencils
- 1 Pencil Box
- 2 Black Dry Erase markers
- 1 plastic duo tang folder with pockets
- 2 plain Composition Notebooks 100 pages, wide rule
- 3 glue sticks
- 1 pair of headphones (preferably no earbuds)
- 1 container of Antibacterial Wipes
- 1 container of Baby Wipes (Girls)
- 1 box of Quart sized zippered bags (boys)
Please don't stress over any item that you can't find as I do have extras of most items and will make sure they have what they need. If possible, please send them with some of their pencils sharpened or you may choose to use mechanical pencils this year as well.