Mr. Hamrick's Advanced Mathematics Class
Here are some of the basics of my class:
- Periods 1-6 are all 6th grade advanced classes and all doing the same things
- Homework is usually twice a week and always due the next day.
- We go over homework together to see if the material is understood and then it is collected
- Students can get a practice version of the Unit test when we start a unit as a study tool; the actual test has the same types of problems. It is on my web site and can be printed out.
- Quizzes are sometimes 'pop' quizzes but since all are open notes this should not be a concern 'if' quality notes are being taken.
- There are usually 1-2 projects per quarter.
- Students use a spiral notebook for notes/entry tasks. Notebooks will be graded and checked for: 1.organization/no skipped pages 2. writing out problems/questions/examples not just putting answers 3. quality of notes
- The course outline has the entire 9 weeks material/assignments listed
- Never be too afraid or too cool to ask for help; ask questions and/or see me before classes get started (during homeroom there is 15-20 minutes).
- Use the on-line resources available: your on-line textbook has lots of extra practice/tools.