If you haven't signed into our REMIND account, here are the links:
Biology I https://www.remind.com/join/9hecfe
Honors Bio https://www.remind.com/join/7349g8
Also...each morning I reopen skyward assignments with low scores, so re-read, study and try them again!
Remember to click attendance each day and answer true. The same assignments remain for 17.1 and 17.2, you will find them on Skyward and Pearson eText. Each morning I reopen Skyward assignments with low grades so study and try them again. 17.1 and 17.2 assignments are due by 4/16.
I will post 17.3 and 17.4 this weekend, they will be available for 7 days from posting.
Keep up the good work and stay safe!
Today's Zoom Agenda:
Good News: Bio EOCE cancelled and our pace is slower...about 2 sections a week
- same as usual: Skyward assignments, Pearson eText Playlists and quizzes/tests, Foundations WB and Reading Guide can be printed, completed, scanned and sent to my email or write answers on your own paper, scan or take pictures of pages and send them to me.
- 17.1 and 17.2 will be open until 4/16; assignments after that will be open for 7 days from date assigned
- every morning I check Skyward grades and re-open the low scores, or send me a remind to re-open something for you
- we will proceed according to the curriculum guide: Ch. 18, Ch. 19, Ch. 20 etc.
- On Skyward, Attendance for (date), click on it, answer True….that’s it (doesn’t count as a grade)
- No official office hours, I am available most all the time via Remind, email, and web page announcements. If you want me to call you or your parent, send me the date, time and number and I will call at that time
- Zoom meetings on Wednesdays 11-11:30, Each Monday & Tuesday I will send the link via email and Remind; I will post the link on web page
- No one can enter the school building (don’t try to turn anything in this way)
- Tentative return date: May 1st.
- School calendar has not been changed from final day of May 28th.
Attendance for Biology Distance Learning begins Wed. April 1st.
- Log in to Skyward
- Find Online Assignment "Attendance for ..."
- Click True for Yes, I am present.
Easy! :) and you can complete the Skyward Online assignments while logged in!
Born April 6th, 1928
Happy Birthday! James Watson
Add this app to your phone!
Welcome to Biology!
Welcome to Biology I/Biology Honors!
My name is Ms. Morgan and I am your instructor. Biology is a required credit for high school graduation and I will help you achieve this goal. Remember I am here to guide you to success as we cover relevant and interesting topics that will be tested on the state's end of course exam.
Our classroom is a learning environment designed for each biology student to succeed. Your attendance, engagement and studious behavior is necessary at all times. Each day we will learn and practice biology concepts that allow you to do activities and labs with your peers! Ask questions, try your best, and get busy!
The Class Syllabus is located on this page and under the syllabus tab. Please refer to the syllabus for class policies and procedures.
671-4900 x 59495 best time to reach me: 8-8:45 am or 3-3:30 pm
Remind sign up: (Students and Parents)
Biology I Text @9hecfe to 81010 or to (786)398-4837
Honors Biology Text @7349g8 to 81010 or (786) 398-4837
We are a CAR-PD Classroom.......What is CAR-PD?
CAR-PD stands for Content Area Reading - Professional Development. The CAR-PD designation on a course indicates that the instructor is trained to incorporate reading strategies in the daily curriculum of the course. CAR-PD students learn the subject being studied as well as develop additional reading skills that will help improve their FSA Reading scores. CAR-PD strategies are research-based and have been shown to greatly improve student learning and reading ability.
The State of Florida sets the requirements for placing students in remedial reading classes. Students who have high level 2 reading scores can be eligible for CAR-PD classes (rather than having to take a year of remedial reading). This frees up an elective period in their schedule, enabling students to select an elective of their choice.
CAR-PD classes do not cover a watered down curriculum and are not "reserved" for students needing reading remediation. CAR-PD simply indicates that the teacher is CAR certified and is able to incorporate reading strategies within the course curriculum. These strategies are good for all students, not just those needing extra help in the area of reading.
Folder with pockets (replace as needed), college-ruled notebook paper, graph paper, pencils, gel pens of many colors, 1 ream copy paper, 1 box tissues, 1 hand-soap, 1 hand-sanitizer, ear buds (not iphone buds)
color pencils, highlighter