Welcome to 8th grade Physical Science and High School Honors Physical Science!
Dear Students and Parents,
Welcome to Digital Learning! In order to continue with our normally scheduled curriculum, you will need to visit this website to access your assigned academic activities for Physical Science. We will be utilizing these online tools until we can return to the classroom. At this time, we are tentatively scheduled to return to the traditional classroom after May 1st. Please continue to check the MCPS website for the most current information and details.
Important information you need to know:
- Attendance is still a legal obligation, even in an online setting, and is a record that is frequently monitored for compliance.
- You need to log into Google Classroom EVERYDAY to answer the attendance question(s)--located on the individual class period pages.
- Even if you are not ready to submit an activity/assignment, you must submit the attendance question daily.
- Assignments will be posted here on my website. Some of the assignments will be announced/detailed here on my website but are to be completed and submitted in Google Classroom.
- There will be a minimum of 2-3 activities/assignments per week
- You will have 1 week to complete the activity/assignment
- If you have not already joined the Physical Science Google Classroom for your class period, please join using the following code: period 2: mil6i7k period 6: oy5vg3b
- Remind app - If you have not already done so, please sign up for the FREE Remind app so that you can receive messages from me, such as when I update my webpage with new assignments. You can also use it to text me with questions or concerns. Not only is it free, but it keeps your phone number and mine private.
- To sign up, text 81010 and in the message type @hshlindsey
- I will be available via Remind daily from 9:00 am—7:00 pm to assist with assignments or to answer questions
- Office Hours - Contact me if you have any questions
- Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org
I will check my emails throughout the school day (8:00 – 2:00)
- Send a text message using Remind
- In the future, we may try video conferencing on Zoom or Microsoft Teams. If so, those office hours would be from 11:00am – noon and 2:00pm – 3:00pm. More details to come.
This eLearning is new territory for many of us, but we will get through this together. Please reach out me if you have any questions.