Welcome Chiefs to Mrs. Prisciandaro's Class!
Online Distance Learning Update
We will use Google Classroom for all materials and assignments. This is where you will submit your work. You can view your grades in Skyward, as in the past. Please see the link below to access your course:
5th Block - https://classroom.google.com/c/NzM0NzU2NzEzNzFa
6th Block - https://classroom.google.com/c/NzM1MDA5NjE5Nzda
Office Aides - https://classroom.google.com/c/NzM1MDA4ODIzNTZa
Please check your email and accept the Google Classroom request sent to you. You can also go online to your portal and go to the Goggle classroom link under "Google Apps" to find all your classrooms in one place.
· Weekly Assignments will be posted on Mondays. Assignments for the week will be due by Friday at 11:59 pm.
· Each week a Weekly Agenda will be posted on Monday. You can also write the assignments in your agenda that we use in class. Use this as a checklist to make sure you have completed all the assignments for my class.
· Expect 2-3 assignments per week, 1-2 of which will be graded.
· The first thing you should do each week is read the weekly agenda for instructions.
· I am available by phone at (352) 405-0391, Monday through Friday from 10am-11am and then again from 3pm-5pm. You may leave a voicemail or text me if you call at another time.
· I am always available through email at Stephanie.Prisciandaro@marion.k12.fl.us and will respond within 24 hours.
In order to be successful we will follow the school-wide AIMS model of Acting Responsibly, Initiating Respect, and Modeling Positive Behavior.
- Be respectful of self, others, and property.
- Listen to directions the first time given.
- Be at the right place at the right time.
- Use the appropriate talk at the appropriate time.
- Try you rbest. Use a growth mindset. Demonstrate grit.
- Conference with student
- Time out
- Parent Contact
- Discipline Referral
Agenda Planner - Students should purchase an agenda from OMS and will be required to write in it as needed. This will keep students organized on current assignments and due dates. All assignments will also be posted on my webpage.
Supplies - Students should come prepared to class ready to learn each day. They need their binder, agenda, a book to silently read, notebook paper, and pencils. In addition to this, students will also need a journal to write in daily (this can be in the form of a spiral notebook or composition book).
Grades - Grade composition will be as follows: Tests/Projects - 50%; Classwork - 40%; Homework - 10%. Grades will be updated weekly in the online gradebook for student and parent viewing. All assignments will have a specific due date.
Twenty Book Challenge - Students will be challenged to read 20 books throughout the school year. Quarterly, students will be rewarded for every five books that they read. Students will also be required to read three books quarterly and have a book chat with the teacher, or write a summary. These chats/summaries will be recorded as homework grades.