About Marion Technical Institute
WHERE EDUCATION MEETS EXPERIENCE!
Welcome to Marion Technical Institute where education meets experience! At MTI, we offer both full and part time programs for our students. Our Career Education programs offer a variety of options for you to begin working on your future in high school! We offer programs to all levels of high school students in automotive technology, construction technology, culinary arts, career academy dual enrollment, early childhood education, first responders, information technology, and law enforcement. Many of our programs also provide an opportunity for you to obtain national certification that will enhance your resume and make you a highly desirable candidate to employers. These programs provide the skill set, experiences and training to prepare you for college, higher level trade school programs or even enter the work force after graduation. You will also have the opportunity to develop relationships with our local community members and employers, another great part of the MTI experience.
When you are enrolled in one of our CTE programs, you can choose to attend MTI as a full time student, taking all of your courses here on our campus. You can also choose to attend as a part time student, where you attend your base school for part of your day and come to MTI for your CTE course. Both of these options offer transportation to and from your base school, as well. You are also eligible to attend base school activities, sporting events, participate in athletics and graduate with your base school peers. Full and part time options offer flexibility and give you an opportunity to experience what MTI has to offer and still be connected to your base school, friends and be involved in high school experiences.
MTI also offers yet another terrific program that will help you take that step toward starting your career early—the Career Academy. In the Career Academy, high school seniors are dual enrolled in Marion County schools and at the College of Central Florida. This rigorous, rewarding program offers you opportunities to start earning college credits early, working toward your career and degree. Career Academy also partners with the Florida Fire College to offer students a career in firefighting. Students looking to become EMTs or paramedics can receive their full training and graduate with employment opportunities through the Career Academy program as well. Traditional program focus is also offered and students can explore the many in-demand specialties that CF offers including Business, Criminal justice, Education, Equine studies, Health information technology and more! Students in the Career Academy are able to take the CF coursework free of charge while in the program. This is truly a win-win situation for students and their families. Within the program, students attend classes three days a week in coordination with their CF schedule.
We are hosting an MTI Career Expo night on January 14, 2021 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. on our campus. We will be showcasing our programs, answering questions and giving you the opportunity to speak with some of our current students about the programs. Click on the link below to hear about and apply for one of our amazing programs!
Students will have the opportunity to earn impressive national certifications, scholarship money and college credits through Gold Seal programs. Working closely with Business Advisory Councils composed of local industry leaders, students will participate in work-based learning experiences and “hands-on” training activities while attending MTI. All of the MTI career academies offer Gold Seal Scholarship opportunities.
MTI students do not have to give up high school sports programs or extracurricular activities. They can play on their school football team, be a part of the drama club, or belong to their favorite service club. The "traditional" high school experience remains intact, even as students tailor their education to prepare for specific career fields.
Practical career experience combined with classroom learning gives students an edge above employment competition in the following fields after graduation:
- Automotive Technology & Light Repair
- Career Academy at the College of Central Florida
- Construction Technologies
- Culinary Arts & Baking
- Early Childhood Education
- First Responder
- Information Technology
- Law Enforcement Professional
Click here for more information about each of our programs. You can see each of our available programs at MTI Programs in Action, where we take you through our academies and hear from our students first-hand!
DOCUMENTS ABOUT OUR SCHOOL:
Marion Technical Institute prepares students for success in college and in life.
Students choose to come to MTI to be part of a learning community that offers unique and high-quality learning experiences based on the following:
- Preparation for Success. All students are rigorously prepared to apply to and be accepted by employers, technical schools, community colleges, and/or four-year post-secondary institutions. In support of this objective, highly qualified and passionate teachers set high expectations for students, incorporating a dynamic, rigorous curriculum with a career focus and technology integrated into all subjects.
- Personalized Learning. MTI's learning environment requires students to have a learning plan and career map. Research shows that smaller schools, like MTI, allow students and teachers to develop intensive, long-term relationships that maximize teaching and learning. Interactive and Project-Based Learning. Connecting classroom instruction with real-world experience, students apply learning through projects and classroom assignments that lead to internships and employment while completing coursework for graduation and national industry/business certifications.
- Career Focus. MTI integrates technical methodology into all subjects and students take career information into all classes - this focus engages students in active learning. Technological Proficiency. Students are prepared to advance in a fast-paced, technologically driven world by offering multiple opportunities utilizing tech-based skills and Internet research experiences.