Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain my paystub?

Your paystub information may be viewed and/or printed by logging into your employee desktop and clicking on the Skyward Employee Access link and then on Employee Information.

Do I have to participate in direct deposit?

Employees hired after June 30, 1999, are required to participate in direct deposit as a condition of employment. Employees hired prior to this date are encouraged to participate. Paychecks are mailed to employees that choose not to participate in direct deposit.

What if I do not receive my paycheck in the mail?

If a paycheck is not received by an employee they must wait five (5) working days from the pay date before going to Payroll to sign the Stop Payment Request Form. A new paycheck will be issued 48 hours after the stop payment has been processed by the bank. Replacement paychecks are not direct deposited. If you request a stop payment and then find or receive your paycheck, you will not be able to cash it and should return it to the payroll department when you pick up your replacement check.

Can I have a direct deposit to more than one financial institution?

Yes, you may split it between three financial institutions. One as a deposit of your net pay and the other(s) as a deduction of a specified amount. Please contact Trish Smith in Payroll 352-671-7766 (X57766) for more information.

What is the difference between direct deposit and a payroll deduction for a financial institution?

A direct deposit is the deposit of your net pay into a checking or savings account. Your net pay may vary due to different reasons during the school year. A deduction is a set amount that is deducted from your paycheck and sent electronically to a financial institution of your choice. Please contact Trish Smith in Payroll 352-671-7766 (X57766) for more information.

What if I change banks?

If you change the bank that you direct deposit to, request a yellow direct deposit form from your worksite secretary or come by the payroll department. You must void a check for a checking account or void a direct deposit slip for a savings account and submit with the direct deposit form. Changes must be received no later than the Monday of the week of your pay date. Direct deposit cards may be sent through the courier mail to the attention of Trish Smith in the Payroll Department.

What is a Form W-4?

The Form W-4 is an IRS form that is completed by the employee so the employer can withhold the correct amount of federal income tax from your pay. Changes to your federal withholding status may be made at any time. Complete a new form and submit it to the Payroll Department.

Tax Withholding Estimator | Internal Revenue Service (

What do I need to do if I need a verification of employment?

Verifications forms may be brought to the Payroll Department for completion. There is a 48 hour turnover period before your verification will be completed. Some verifications, such as those for mortgages, usually require that Employment Services also complete a section of the verification so it must go to two different departments. Please allow adequate time for completion. Forms may be picked up or faxed, depending on your preference.

How do I obtain information regarding participation in a 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity or 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan?

Please click here to obtain a list of available TSA products. If you have any questions, please contact Holly Sadler at 352-671-7562 (X57562). In order to stop your TSA Deduction, see our forms link for the available form, complete it and send it through the courier to the Payroll Department.

What are the paid holidays?

Full-time Instructional and Non-Instructional employees receive six paid holidays: Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and the Friday following Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, and President's Day.

Memorial Day is a paid holiday for 12-month employees only.

July 4th is a paid holiday for 12-month employees and some summer school programs where employees are scheduled to work before and after the holiday.