Problem Resolution

When you have concerns about your child’s classroom, placement, or Individual Education Plan (IEP), the first person you should talk to is your child’s teacher. Problems are most easily resolved by the person who spends the most time with your child. If you are unable to resolve the issue with the teacher, you should next contact the guidance counselor, ESE Specialist/Resource Compliance Officer, or assistant principal. These professionals may call on the Principal. It is very important that you talk to the Principal before calling the District Office. The Principal has the responsibility for the outcome of your child’s education at that school. They need to know about issues of concern. In most situations, the principal has the authority, capability, and responsibility for resolving concerns.

If you are unable to resolve your issue at the school level, your next contact should be to the District Office. The ESE Coordinators or Program Specialists can help you with eligibility, placement or IEP concerns. If your concern/issue still is unable to be resolved the Director of Exceptional Student Education can assist you.

It is our desire that you have a good relationship with your child’s school. The district level personnel work toward that end.