Voluntary Prekindergarten Lottery Application Process 2023-2024
New this year, before and aftercare will be available to students at Fordham Early Learning Academy. Programming at this site will include VPK students. Program fees and registration information will be provided by Marion Afterschool Programs (MAP).
This will be the only public school location in Marion County offering MAP to VPK students for the 2023-2024 school year.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: To be eligible for VPK in the Fall of 2023, children must be 4-years-old on or before September 1, 2023. The 2023-2024 VPK Lottery window will be open for applications from February 27, 2023- March 31, 2023, with placement opportunity notifications being sent by April 14, 2023.
In order to be considered for a seat in the VPK Lottery, the following steps must be completed:
- Step #1: Obtain your child’s Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the online ParentPortal located on the Early Learning Coalition website: https://familyservices.floridaearlylearning.com/Account/Login Please allow 12-14 business days for the Certificate of Eligibility to be processed.
- Step #2: Complete the New Student Online Enrollment (NSOE) process for Marion County Public Schools. https://www.marionschools.net/Page/90823 After completing the NSOE application, contact your base school’s guidance department. You will be provided with a student ID #. (Existing MCPS families will login in to Family Access to complete New Student Online Enrollment for the incoming VPK student https://skyward.iscorp.com/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsedumarioncofl/skyportlogin)
- Step #3: Use your child’s Student ID # to complete the School Choice Application/VPK Lottery: https://applytomarionschools.com/login First time users: create an account on the right side of the page. This is different than your NSOE account from Step #2.
- Select one, two, or three school choices. NOTE: All three choices are not required.
- Upload your signed and dated Certificate of Eligibility (DIGITAL SIGNATURES ARE NOT ACCEPTED). All other information on the certificate will be completed by the school district.
- Step #4: Offered seats must be accepted within ten days. Available seats after this point will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.