Admission to any of West Port's Magnet Programs will be based on the consideration of the following criteria:
- Grades and/or cumulative unweighted Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Curriculum / courses previously taken
- FAST or FSA Reading & Mathematics or other standardized test scores
- Attendance and discipline records
- Auditions (for MCCA course placement only)
2023-2024 applications will be available on November 9th, 2023 and will close January 31st, 2024. Please click the link below for more information on how to apply.
Next Steps After Acceptance:
- If you are accepted into a Magnet Program, you will receive a notification via email from the School Choice office. Emails are sent out to all applicants at the same time, typically in mid-February. The notification will be sent to the email address you provided through your School Choice application, so please be sure to check it regularly.
- Once you receive the acceptance notification, you will have 10 business days to RSVP (via a link in the bottom of the email) and reserve your spot. If you fail to do so within the specified time frame, your seat will be auto-declined.
- After you have completed that important step, you will receive a welcome letter via USPS mail from West Port with information on how/when to set up a meeting with guidance to discuss your course selections for the upcoming school year.
- If you are planning to participate in the MCCA program, you will also need to contact Melissa Kittles at 352-291-4000 x59871 to schedule a placement audition at that time.
Important 2023-2024 Magnet Dates and Deadlines:
- November 9, 2023: School Choice Expo at World Equestrian Center (5:00pm - 7:00pm)
- November 9, 2023: Application Window Opens
- November 15, 2023: MCCA Showcase at WPHS (6:30pm - 8:00pm)
- January 23, 2024: West Port Magnet / Special Programs Open House at WPHS (6:00pm - 8:00pm)
- January 31, 2024: Application Window Closes