DR. N. H. JONES ELEMENTARY
NATIONAL ELEMENTARY HONOR SOCIETY
Principal – Mr. Hensel
Assistant Principal – Ms. Coleman
Guidance Counselor– Mrs. Woelfel
Chapter Adviser – Ms. Constable (Magnet Coordinator)
Chapter Co-Adviser – Mrs. Dorsey (Gifted Resource Educator)
Mrs. Montigny (4th) Mrs. Miller (4th)
Mrs. Dunn (5th) Ms. Wright (5th)
Student Membership: Membership in a local chapter is an honor bestowed upon a student. Selection for membership is by a Faculty Council and is based on outstanding scholarship and responsibility, and once selected, members have the responsibility to continue to demonstrate these qualities and to participate in chapter activities to build experience and improve skills in leadership and service.
Selection of Members:
- Grade Level – To be eligible for membership, the candidate must be a member of Grade 4 or Grade 5.
- Enrollment – Candidates must be enrolled at the school for the equivalent of one nine-week period.
- Scholarship – Candidates must maintain a minimum 3.75 GPA.
- Attendance – Candidates are expected to have excellent attendance.
- Conduct – Candidates must achieve all E’s and S’s in conduct (No N’s or U’s) on each report card and must not receive any disciplinary referrals. Candidates must be in compliance with school rules and the law.
- Teacher Recommendation – All candidates must have a teacher's recommendation which will be based upon the candidate’s adherence to all the traits of the Student Pledge–trustworthiness, truthfulness, active listening, no put-downs, and personal best.
NEHS Dr. N.H. Jones Elementary School Panther Pride Chapter Bylaws